Contribute
Register

No audio on Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 with ALC889

Status
Not open for further replies.
mkteagle said:
I have the same motherboard as you. To get sound working on my build, I had to delete every soundcard kext in system/extensions. Specifically these with help from frostcall in a seperate thread.

Quote:
I removed files from /System/Extensions and /Extra/Extensions :
- ALC8xxHDA.kext in /Extra/Extensions
- AppleHDA.kext in /System/Extensions
- HDAEnabler889.kext in /System/Extensions

Than make sure you run multibeast again and repair system, select your dsdt and reinstall the alc8xxhda.kext and the apple rollback.

Hopefully you dont have the problem where after your computer idles for a little while you lose audio and video through every other program but iTunes.

Worked perfectly

mkteagle said:
I have the same motherboard as you. To get sound working on my build, I had to delete every soundcard kext in system/extensions. Specifically these with help from frostcall in a seperate thread.

Quote:

Than make sure you run multibeast again and repair system, select your dsdt and reinstall the alc8xxhda.kext and the apple rollback.

Hopefully you dont have the problem where after your computer idles for a little while you lose audio and video through every other program but iTunes.

Finally got this working for me after trying these instructions 10+ times. Here are some clarifications:

1) Under /System/Extensions I had several other kexts I had to delete. Mine included
AppleHDA.kext
HDAEnabler889.kext
HDAEnabler888.kext
HDAEnabler888b.kext
HDAEnabler889a.kext
HDAEnabler892.kext

Delete all these.

2) When in multibeast, make sure to select:
a) System Utilities
b) Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Audio -> ALC8xxHDA
c) Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Audio -> AppleHDA Rollback
d) Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Audio -> Non-DSDT HDAEnabler -> ALC889 (In my case it was ALC889 for the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler. Yours might be different depending on your mobo.)

As soon as I did this, my sound came right up. I didn't even have to restart.

Thanks to all who helped with this solution. All is well in the world once more.

webular said:
mkteagle said:

Quote:

Finally got this working for me after trying these instructions 10+ times. Here are some clarifications:

1) Under /System/Extensions I had several other kexts I had to delete. Mine included
AppleHDA.kext
HDAEnabler889.kext
HDAEnabler888.kext
HDAEnabler888b.kext
HDAEnabler889a.kext
HDAEnabler892.kext

Delete all these.

a) System Utilities
d) Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Audio -> Non-DSDT HDAEnabler -> ALC889 (In my case it was ALC889 for the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler. Yours might be different depending on your mobo.)

Thanks to all who helped with this solution. All is well in the world once more.
YES. This finally worked for me as well! I had to reboot for mine to work, but once OS X restarted I had sound. I haven't tested anything other than Line-Out, but having that alone is good enough for now. Thanks, dude!

This was a life saver! Sound is working nicely! Thanks for posting because i was about to switch my Windows drive as the master boot and forget about this Hackintosh. Looks like I won't be doing that. PNY 550 ti card and sound working nice.

This worked for me-- GA-Z68M-D2H

THANK YOU!

Yay found this thread and it fixed my audio as well!

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4

This just got my sound working on the GA-Z68XP-UD3!

THANKS!

webular said:
mkteagle said:

Quote:

AppleHDA.kext
HDAEnabler889.kext
HDAEnabler888.kext
HDAEnabler888b.kext
HDAEnabler889a.kext
HDAEnabler892.kext

Delete all these.

a) System Utilities

Goodnes thank you so much! Ive been trying to sort out the audio on this MB for ages. Used your fix, all works. Thanks.

AppleHDA.kext
HDAEnabler889.kext
HDAEnabler888.kext
HDAEnabler888b.kext
HDAEnabler889a.kext
HDAEnabler892.kext

Delete all these.

a) System Utilities

"As soon as I did this, my sound came right up. I didn't even have to restart."

HOLY GOD :thumbup: , it works for me, too, thanks!
(after countless trials and re-trials according to various posts for weeks :banghead: )
THANKS AGAIN!
----------
imo
----------

gigabyte za-z68xp ud5 f6
i7 2600k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back