1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I am running gigabyte ga h61m ds2 bios f3

in network nothing is showing....

i ran multibeast and still found no solution to my audio and network problem....

i updated to 10.6.8

suggestions please!

Have you tried installing the DSDT for your mobo? You can find the DSDTs here...

dsdt.php

Download your file to the desktop and then run multibeast with User DSDT, System & Utilities, and all the other kexts....etc

Hi,

I have a build with a GA-H61M-DS2 Rev 1.0 F3 that I just got 10.6.8 running on. In fact, I'm using it right now to post this. Big thanks to everyone on this board who has shared their experience, expertise, and know how with the world.

I need to ask the obligatory... have you tried searching this forum and the web? The solution to the LAN issue is in the first thread that comes up if you search "H61M DS2" here. As for the sound, well, the VoodooHDA is the only kext I've been able to find that gets me any sound at all, and it's terrible with static, screeching, & the like. All the other enablers included with the latest Multibeast have failed to work for me. Have you found a solution to the audio with this MOBO yet? Post up a reply with the info if you have please.

Anyway... here's the link to the thread that had the solution to getting the LAN up & running. Good luck.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=46075&hilit=h61m+ds2Check this thread

telecom, it appears that your board uses via vt1708 audio, so voodoo is the only option youve got.

you could try a couple things to help with the noise issue.

first is to use an older version of voodoohda, such as 0.2.1 in multibeast. when i had a board with via audio, using the older version was actually better.

the other is to try this voodoohda kext and follow the instructions
http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1865

Re: NO Audio NO Network!! Please Help!! (update)

Thank you thank you!!!
This board is simply amazing in providing me with the quickest answer. The community is respectful and always willing to lend a hand. I upgraded to Lion running 10.7.2 have a little static with the audio but with the music playing high I cant tell it's even there. I am going to try and get the new kext tonight and see if that fixes the network issues. I actually put together my own wireless pci card using an adapter and an airport card and that worked like a champ. Thank you again for everyone's help!

samisnake,

Thanks for the help! It's been a while since I was able to sit down and work with my build, so I just got around to checking back on this thread today. It took me all of about 5 minutes to make my sound work using the Voodoo kexts. I'll play around with the various versions and see which one works best, but at the moment it is working using the 0.2.1 included with Multibeast. After adjusting the MIDI bit rate as suggested here --> http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=454 the static and other noises are way down, but not eliminated entirely.

Out of curiosity, where and how did you determine the audio chipset was a VIA? I looked all over (except for physically looking at the board... DOH!) on the internet and couldn't find that info.

jrzjorge,

Glad I could help you to get your build working. I felt the least I could do was to contribute what little working knowledge I could here. With so many people so willing to post their experiences, I just don't feel right not contributing SOMETHING back to the community. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back