Contribute
Register

No Audio, no Bluetooth, and can't Restart or Shutdown without using terminal on Mojave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GT 740
Hi, I need help with my setup. I don't know if I'm posting on the wrong place, please let me know. I had everything working on el Capitan, but I started having problem with the Shutdown & Restart on High Sierra. I finally was able to upgrade to Mojave, and now there are a couple of things that do not work. I fixed the wifi issue with a compatible codec. But I don't have Bluetooth or Audio, and I can't Restart / Shutdown without using the terminal.

I tried to do fixShutdown & haltEnabler via Clover and that didn't work either. Added the slide=0 to the boot configuration, plus EmuVariableUefi-64 & OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 to my drivers64UEFI folder, but the problem still persist.

I removed OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. per a suggestion of P1LGRIM since it is the same as AptioMemoryFix-64.efi. Any help is appreciated it. Thank you

GA-Z97X-UD3H - i7-4790K - GT 740

Hi, I need help with my setup. I don't know if I'm posting on the wrong place, please let me know. I had everything working on el Capitan, but I started having problem with the Shutdown & Restart on High Sierra. I finally was able to upgrade to Mojave, and now there are a couple of things that do not work. I fixed the wifi issue with a compatible codec. But I don't have Bluetooth or Audio, and I can't Restart / Shutdown without using the terminal.

I tried to do fixShutdown & haltEnabler via Clover and that didn't work either. Added the slide=0 to the boot configuration, plus EmuVariableUefi-64 & OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 to my drivers64UEFI folder, but the problem still persist.

I removed OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. per a suggestion of P1LGRIM since it is the same as AptioMemoryFix-64.efi. Any help is appreciated it. Thank you

GA-Z97X-UD3H - i7-4790K - GT 740

• To clarify the underlying cause we need to know:
    • What happens when you click Apple>Shut Down... >Shut Down.
      • If needed, upload the screen shot to supplement the answer.
  • Upload EFI Folder from the hidden EFI Partition of System Disk as a zipped file. [Steps-> #9 ]
  • Upload BIOS _Power Management [(see image) Steps--> #33]

Attachments

• 1.BIOS_Power Management .png
    1.BIOS_Power Management .png
    312.2 KB · Views: 65
  • To clarify the underlying cause we need to know:
      • If needed, upload the screen shot to supplement the answer.
  • Upload EFI Folder from the hidden EFI Partition of System Disk as a zipped file. [Steps-> #9 ]

Ok, please see below. Thank you cmn699
  • When I click on either Shutdown/Restart, the screen goes all black but I can see the mouse pointer and I can move it around. The problem is that it stays like that indefinitely, I waited for half hour and nothing changed. I had to press the reset button for it to restart or do a hard shutdown. In the meantime I being restarting/shutting it down via the terminal.
    • If needed, upload the screen shotto supplement the answer.
      • I added a video so you can see what is happening in the attachment 2019-06-25 22.19.34.mov.zip
    • I added the EFI.zip on the attachments below.
    • See below 2019-06-25 22.28.07-1.jpg
2019-06-25 22.28.07-1.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.7 MB · Views: 55
  • 2019-06-25 22.19.34.mov.zip
    35.1 MB · Views: 98
Ok, please see below. Thank you cmn699
  • When I click on either Shutdown/Restart, the screen goes all black but I can see the mouse pointer and I can move it around. The problem is that it stays like that indefinitely, I waited for half hour and nothing changed. I had to press the reset button for it to restart or do a hard shutdown. In the meantime I being restarting/shutting it down via the terminal.
    • If needed, upload the screen shotto supplement the answer.
      • I added a video so you can see what is happening in the attachment 2019-06-25 22.19.34.mov.zip
    • I added the EFI.zip on the attachments below.
    • See below 2019-06-25 22.28.07-1.jpg
View attachment 413213

• I have a macOSMojave 10.14.5 running perfectly on GA-97XUD5H listed in my Build Signature as a triple boot System from 3 Separate SATA Disks without any problem.

• As you may know, these 2 MoBos are very similar except my UD5H has 2 LAN Ports (Qualcomm Atheros+Intel) and the UD3H has a single Intel LAN Port.
  • I have uploaded my BIOS screen shots .
    • Please pay specific attention to Power Management options I have selected to avoid shut down problem
  • I have uploaded the EFI Folder from my similar System if you want to try.
    • If you don't have Atheros WiFi as in my system (TPLink WFi), you may delete IO80211Family.kext from CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Attachments

• 1.MIT_Current Status.png
    1.MIT_Current Status.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 2.MIT_XMP.png
    2.MIT_XMP.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 3.System Information.png
    3.System Information.png
    159.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 5.BIOS Features .png
    5.BIOS Features .png
    198.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 4.BIOS Features _Boot Option Priorities.png
    4.BIOS Features _Boot Option Priorities.png
    202.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 6..Peripherals.png
    6..Peripherals.png
    198.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 7.Peripherals.png
    7.Peripherals.png
    194 KB · Views: 41
  • 8.Peripherals.png
    8.Peripherals.png
    194.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 9.Peripherals_SATA controllers.png
    9.Peripherals_SATA controllers.png
    195.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 10.Pereipherals_Serial Port.png
    10.Pereipherals_Serial Port.png
    151.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 11.Perpherals_ISCT.png
    11.Perpherals_ISCT.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 12.Power Management.png
    12.Power Management.png
    176.4 KB · Views: 44
  • EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 48
  • I have a macOSMojave 10.14.5 running perfectly on GA-97XUD5H listed in my Build Signature as a triple boot System from 3 Separate SATA Disks without any problem.

• As you may know, these 2 MoBos are very similar except my UD5H has 2 LAN Ports (Qualcomm Atheros+Intel) and the UD3H has a single Intel LAN Port.
  • I have uploaded my BIOS screen shots .
    • Please pay specific attention to Power Management options I have selected to avoid shut down problem
  • I have uploaded the EFI Folder from my similar System if you want to try.
    • If you don't have Atheros WiFi as in my system (TPLink WFi), you may delete IO80211Family.kext from CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Finally cmn699, (sigh of relief) :headbang: I can restart/shutdown without using the terminal. I follow up the steps on your post, I changed the settings to match your screen shots and updated my EFI folder.

Things that are working now:
-Shutdown
-Restart
-LogOut **It is working but I'm getting an error that goes away see 2019-06-27 19.49.10.jpg.
-Bluetooth **It is working now, it seems one of the usb port was not working. After I updated the config.plist, it is working fine now.

Things that I'm still having issues or are new:
-no audio yet
-I'm getting the following msg 2019-06-27 19.14.44.jpg, during booting up.

Thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it. :clap:

Attachments

• 2019-06-27 19.49.10.jpg
    2019-06-27 19.49.10.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 2019-06-27 19.14.44.jpg
    2019-06-27 19.14.44.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 55
LogOut **It is working but I'm getting an error that goes away see 2019-06-27 19.49.10.jpg
  • That is normal . The system is informing you through Verbose, the stages of shutting down of various Controllers including Graphics. As long as no hangup is occurring on that screen during shut down or reboot where you have to use the On/Off Switch on the Computer Case to get rid of that, what you see on screen is informational and NOT a Warning.

• Are you still using Verbose boot(as I do in my systems with EFI_CLOVER_ config.plist Boot Args_[√]Verbose(-v)?
  • Since your onboard Audio is RealTek ALC 1150 like my system, I find no good reason for it to not work if you are using the BIOS setup and Clover EFI as I had posted.
  • Please upload screen captures of Apple_About This Mac_System Report_Audio & System Preferences _Sound with all 3 Tab views [See images]
  • Please provide details of your Speaker and Microphone hardware Setup [Images to supplement text]
    • I use Headphone to Front Panel Audio (for Speaker) and WebCam [for Microphone] and my Motherboard Front Panel Audio Cable is properly connected.

Attachments

• 1.System Report_Audio.png
    1.System Report_Audio.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 2.Sound Input_WebCm.png
    2.Sound Input_WebCm.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 3.Sound Output Front Panel Head Phone.png
    3.Sound Output Front Panel Head Phone.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 4. Sound Effects To Test Sound Output .png
    4. Sound Effects To Test Sound Output .png
    56.1 KB · Views: 53
  • That is normal . The system is informing you through Verbose, the stages of shutting down of various Controllers including Graphics. As long as no hangup is occurring on that screen during shut down or reboot where you have to use the On/Off Switch on the Computer Case to get rid of that, what you see on screen is informational and NOT a Warning.

• Are you still using Verbose boot(as I do in my systems with EFI_CLOVER_ config.plist Boot Args_[√]Verbose(-v)?
  • Since your onboard Audio is RealTek ALC 1150 like my system, I find no good reason for it to not work if you are using the BIOS setup and Clover EFI as I had posted.
  • Please upload screen captures of Apple_About This Mac_System Report_Audio & System Preferences _Sound with all 3 Tab views [See images]
  • Please provide details of your Speaker and Microphone hardware Setup [Images to supplement text]
    • I use Headphone to Front Panel Audio (for Speaker) and WebCam [for Microphone] and my Motherboard Front Panel Audio Cable is properly connected.
I probably missed something I guess. The only options that I have right now as you can see is my Yeti Microphone that I have some headphones connected to it, and my airplay speakers on the living room. I have an old setup from cambridge soundworks 4.1 connected to the rear audio for the Speaker. That's how it was working on El Capitan/Sierra/High Sierra. Again thank you for the help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 5.43.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 5.43.40 PM.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 5.44.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 5.44.14 PM.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 5.44.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 5.44.36 PM.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 42
I probably missed something I guess. The only options that I have right now as you can see is my Yeti Microphone that I have some headphones connected to it, and my airplay speakers on the living room. I have an old setup from cambridge soundworks 4.1 connected to the rear audio for the Speaker. That's how it was working on El Capitan/Sierra/High Sierra. Again thank you for the help.
  • Your Speaker is missing from Preferences _Sound _Output Device.
  • Your Yeti Mic is detected as the input device and Output Device..
  • Make sure your cambridge soundworks 4.1 audio Jack is connected firmly and securely to the Audio Port and its Power is connected and Volume is set OK.

• Re-Check if the Speaker shows up in Preferences_Sound_Output Device as Internal Speaker

• If it is not showing try connecting the Audio Jack to the Front Panel Audio and Recheck Preferences _Sound _Output Device
I connected My Blue Yeti USB Mic to a USB 2.0 port on the Front Bezel of my PC Case, and a JLab Audio Head Phone jack to Audio Out port of Yeti Mic and I can hear sound and record sound with that device also. [See images]

Attachments

• 1.Blue Yeti USB Microphone wit h Head Phone Jack .png
    1.Blue Yeti USB Microphone wit h Head Phone Jack .png
    876.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 2. Blue Yeti MIC Closeup.png
    2. Blue Yeti MIC Closeup.png
    792.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 1.System Preferences_Sound _Input Devices.png
    1.System Preferences_Sound _Input Devices.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 2.System Preferences Sound Output Devices.png
    2.System Preferences Sound Output Devices.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 3.System Prefeences_Sound_Mic Recording .png
    3.System Prefeences_Sound_Mic Recording .png
    47 KB · Views: 50
  • Your Speaker is missing from Preferences _Sound _Output Device.
  • Your Yeti Mic is detected as the input device and Output Device..
  • Make sure your cambridge soundworks 4.1 audio Jack is connected firmly and securely to the Audio Port and its Power is connected and Volume is set OK.

• Re-Check if the Speaker shows up in Preferences_Sound_Output Device as Internal Speaker

• If it is not showing try connecting the Audio Jack to the Front Panel Audio and Recheck Preferences _Sound _Output Device
I connected My Blue Yeti USB Mic to a USB 2.0 port on the Front Bezel of my PC Case, and a JLab Audio Head Phone jack to Audio Out port of Yeti Mic and I can hear sound and record sound with that device also. [See images]

:think: I think my audio problem has to do with the drivers instead, because is not recognizing the built in devices. I tried the speakers connected to my phone audiojack is working fine. The Yeti is also working fine too.

How can I see my previous audio drivers? If I delete them and reinstall AppleALC thru Multibeast will it work? Thank you for the help.

:think: I think my audio problem has to do with the drivers instead, because is not recognizing the built in devices. I tried the speakers connected to my phone audiojack is working fine. The Yeti is also working fine too.

How can I see my previous audio drivers? If I delete them and reinstall AppleALC thru Multibeast will it work? Thank you for the help.
Try installing AppleALC.kext from your EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other Folder of your Current System Disk or USB Installer disk (after EFI Mounting) using a tool like Kext Beast/Kext Utility/Kext Wizard to your /Library/Extensions folder . After reboot check the System Report _Audio and System Preferences_ Sound as previously done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back