CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920 x1080
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have successfully installed Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.4 on my laptop, but I am unable to work out some kinks in post install.

What Works:

Backlight Control

Lid Wake/Sleep

Keyboard

CD/DVD Drive

Ethernet

Bluetooth (though I can’t turn it on/off, its just stuck on)

What Doesn’t Work:

Audio (most important).

I followed this Guide, because it was the closest to my laptop he just has the i7 and I have the i3. I used his kexts and SSDT’s. I have tried booting with -f and rebuilding kextcache many times, but has not made a difference my audio still does not work. I can’t figure it out, any help would be appreciated.

Battery Status

I am using the latest ACPIBatteryManager.kext and appropriate DSDT but ever time I rebuild kext cache I get this error “ACPIBatteryManager.kext does not authenticate; omitting.”

Trackpad

I am using the latest VoodooPS2Controller.kext, but it still does not show up in system preferences. I read in the “Common problems with High Sierra” that it was fixable by installing the latest VoodooPS2Controller but its not working for me.

Wifi (this is not working because I have intel wifi, and can’t find any info on getting it to work)

Also every time I shutdown my computer the proper way via the menu when I start it up again it gives me the message that it shutdown do to a problem, even though it was shut down properly. Not a big deal, just a little annoying.

I will have my EFI below, as well as the output from rebuilding kextcache in terminal, and my L/E/ Folder.

Attachments

• No Audio.png
    No Audio.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 53
  • About Mac.png
    About Mac.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 65
  • EFI.zip
    28 MB · Views: 77
  • Extensions.zip
    1 MB · Views: 48
  • Terminal Kextcache Rebuild.txt
    8.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Trackpad.png
    Trackpad.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 91
I have successfully installed Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.4 on my laptop, but I am unable to work out some kinks in post install.

What Works:

Backlight Control

Lid Wake/Sleep

Keyboard

CD/DVD Drive

Ethernet

Bluetooth (though I can’t turn it on/off, its just stuck on)

What Doesn’t Work:

Audio (most important).

I followed this Guide, because it was the closest to my laptop he just has the i7 and I have the i3. I used his kexts and SSDT’s. I have tried booting with -f and rebuilding kextcache many times, but has not made a difference my audio still does not work. I can’t figure it out, any help would be appreciated.

Battery Status

I am using the latest ACPIBatteryManager.kext and appropriate DSDT but ever time I rebuild kext cache I get this error “ACPIBatteryManager.kext does not authenticate; omitting.”

Trackpad

I am using the latest VoodooPS2Controller.kext, but it still does not show up in system preferences. I read in the “Common problems with High Sierra” that it was fixable by installing the latest VoodooPS2Controller but its not working for me.

Wifi (this is not working because I have intel wifi, and can’t find any info on getting it to work)

Also every time I shutdown my computer the proper way via the menu when I start it up again it gives me the message that it shutdown do to a problem, even though it was shut down properly. Not a big deal, just a little annoying.

I will have my EFI below, as well as the output from rebuilding kextcache in terminal, and my L/E/ Folder.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• About Mac.png
    About Mac.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 63
  • debug_23505.zip
    972.1 KB · Views: 56
  • EFI.zip
    28 MB · Views: 54
  • Extensions.zip
    1 MB · Views: 43
  • No Audio.png
    No Audio.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Terminal Kextcache Rebuild.txt
    8.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Trackpad.png
    Trackpad.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 48
All required Problem Reporting files should be below now.

Thank you so much for all the help :)

You're injecting layout-id 11 on HDEF. Are you certain that is the correct layout-id?

Note that your kexts are not installed correctly:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f7ffb684920 [0x7fff8eeb6af0]> { URL = "ACPIBatteryManager.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager" }
ACPIBatteryManager.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

See FAQ for WiFi hardware recommendations:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

You forgot to attach EFI/Clover (EFI not requested... it is too large).

You should check drivers64UEFI to see if you implemented NVRAM correctly. Read here for more info:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back