Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 6600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just inherited a MultiBeast hackintosh. It's on 10.6.8, and everything seems to work, except there's no sound, and no output device shows up in the sound configuration.

According to the motherboard specs, the onboard audio is Realtek ALC889A.

System profile, however, shows "Intel High Definition Audio; Audio ID: 885"

I know very little about hackintosh, so I need some assistance getting my bearings while troubleshooting this issue.

Please let me know where to start?

Thanks,
Jamie

I'm looking for an answer to this too.

Works for me after full multibeast installation with dsdt, macmans hda audiodriver and apple hda rollback.

Voodoo works great for me (10.6.8 and ga-p55-ud5) but I can't keep my volume and gain settings after a reboot so I have to set those everytime.

Jamie Jackson said:
I just inherited a MultiBeast hackintosh. It's on 10.6.8, and everything seems to work, except there's no sound, and no output device shows up in the sound configuration.

According to the motherboard specs, the onboard audio is Realtek ALC889A.

System profile, however, shows "Intel High Definition Audio; Audio ID: 885"

I know very little about hackintosh, so I need some assistance getting my bearings while troubleshooting this issue.

Please let me know where to start?

Thanks,
Jamie

The 885 and the 889a are the same (marketing). Try Multibeast, rollback and 889a.

Hello there!

Can I try your solution too to install hardware specific driver or I need to uninstall voodoo before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back