CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No audio for 10.8.2 ML (KP after edit DSDT)

I had some issues with my graphics card so I upgraded to the 660 ti and the installation went smoothly accept for the audio.

Nothing I do can get the audio working.

I edit the dsdt using the dsdt editor and I patch the hdef_audio_id_1.txt and add_hdef.txt into the dsdt (I didn't change ether of them) because I think you don't have to when ML already installed.

When I do that and compile and swap it for the other dsdt.aml in extra when I reboot I get a KP.

I just don't know what to do. I feel like I have read every single audio thread and I can't figure out how to get the onboard audio to work.

I have an Apple tv and the computer will play audio through the apple tv but not through my speakers..

Any help would be a HUGE help to me. I am not extremely great and editing my own files but I have tried editing my own and failed and I'm just asking for a point in the right direction so I can try again myself.

my full system is a ga-z68-ud4
I have a evga 660 ti 2gb
and I'm running ML 10.8.2

Cheers.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 42
Sorry. Here is the dsdt.aml zipped. Also I have checked out that forum post but I will also ask there. Thank you.
First problem, naming the dsdt.dsl file as dsdt.aml ensures a KP every time. Compile dsdt,dsl, Save As binar: dsdt.aml. Second problem, edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.

Post on other thread deleted. No need to double post.

First problem, naming the dsdt.dsl file as dsdt.aml ensures a KP every time. Compile dsdt,dsl, Save As binar: dsdt.aml. Second problem, edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.

Post on other thread deleted. No need to double post.

I didn't mean to double post. I was asked on the other thread to post here and I don't know how to delete posts..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back