Contribute
Register

"No audio devices" - ThinkCentre M55/ADI1983.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkCentre M55
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.13 GHz
Graphics
AMD Radeon 4850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi y'all,

I've got El Capitan working nicely (after installing the NullCPUPowerManagement kext), but I can't figure out how to get the audio to work.
I'm using a ThinkCentre M55 (Core2 Duo), and the Lenovo specifications page says:
"Integrated High Definition (HD) PCI AC'97 2.3 compliant codec"
"ADI1983 HD CODEC"

In Mavericks and Yosemite, I used VoodooHDA, but I can't remember what version, unfortunately. It also doesn't seem to have been updated for 10.11 yet, and the installer pops up a 'this may break your system' warning, which scares me off from installing it.

I've tried running the script linked from the installation guide, and I get the following (I suspect my hardware isn't the correct type). My audio is enabled in the BIOS.

File: audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0j
EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: enabled
NVRAM Protections: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

OK to patch
Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

Thanks for all the great guides and tools, everyone. It's nice being able to run MacOS, even if it does take some work to get everything functioning.

I think the Unibeast for SL shows ADI1986, so your codec might be unsupported. Try getting around with a sound card on pci ports or a USB one.

I think the Unibeast for SL shows ADI1986, so your codec might be unsupported. Try getting around with a sound card on pci ports or a USB one.

Probably a good solution. I went ahead and installed VoodooHDA, despite the scary warning, and it seems to be working. The audio is really quiet for some reason, but it does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back