Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have not seen that problem. Remove ssdt. Boot?

Boot OK without SSDT, but always no device :(
Same problem with a new install.

removed the dropSSDT/yes entry and restart my machine and it was able to restart back into OSX and I can now see audio device under my sound settings, and the IOReg says that the layout is 01 00 00 00.

I tried to get sound played out of the HDMI port
Cannot set DropSSDT with 9 series. For HDMI audio, see Post #1, Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA. Use 9series guide.

No audio device
audio_cloverALC-100 script: Print: Entry, ":KernelAndKextPatches:KextsToPatch:", Does Not Exist
Why was KextToPatch removed?
Rename attached, fixed config.plist and install. Run the script again and restart.

Attachments

• config-Hookz.plist.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 174
audio_cloverALC-100 script: Print: Entry, ":KernelAndKextPatches:KextsToPatch:", Does Not Exist
Why was KextToPatch removed?
Rename attached, fixed config.plist and install. Run the script again and restart.

Don't know why it was removed, but it works now. Thanks to you!

audio_realtekALC: Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
Verify BIOS/Peripherals/Audio Controller/Enabled.

Verified, problem solved. Thank you so much, you're doing a great service.

The guide does the thinking for you.

1. If no IOReg/HDEF
    1. IOReg/Search: @1B
      1. If no IOReg/@1B, see III. No Codec, below
    2. Add dsdt/HDEF, select one method and implement
DPCIManager says no Codec ID, IOReg shows the reason.
You have IOReg/@1B, meaning you have a codec.
The problem is no IOReg/HDEF. Solution, add dsdt/HDEF. . . See Post #1.
Thanks for the answer! I've run through a few problems for compiling my DSDT but finally did it! What is strange now is that, although HDEF appears in IOReg and my Codec ID shows in DCPI Manager, sound still doesn't come out of my speakers. I've already selected "internal speakers" in the Sound preference pane

Nevermind, I was making an incredibly stupid error haha. I was testing sound by increasing and decreasing the speaker in the menu bar, while "Play feedback when volume is changed" in Preference Pane was disabled :crazy:

Thanks for everything Toleda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back