Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi toleda--

Here's hoping you can help:

01. No audio output, no devices listed.
02. 10.11.5 using Clover Legacy Root Installation (with and without F12 DSDT.aml in CLOVER/ACPI/patched/--currently without -- wake from Sleep works fine) / GA-X58-UD5 / Bios F12 / Core i7 920 OC'ed 3.6GHz/ Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+
03. a. audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0r10.command completed but no audio
b. uninstalled (replace S/L/E Apple HDA.kext with native from Pacifist 10.11.15 Installer, removed KeysToPatch entries in config.plist, removed realtekALC.kext from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/, restarted)
c. rebooted, Tried Multibeast 8.2.2, incomplete - failure to install. (tried again)
d. uninstalled again (no L/E/realtekALC.kext found)
e. rebooted, tried audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0r10.command again, no get "No audio codec detected"
04. file attached
05. file attached
06. kext attached
07. None found
08. file attached (all sound mentions in Console All Messages)
09. both DCI Manager Status and System Information_Audio_Intel High Definition Audio screenshots attached
10. both audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0r10.command Terminal Saved Output and MultiBeast 8.2.2. Console log entries attached
11. does not apply
12. Clover conflig.plist attached
13. I confirmed in Award BIOS that "Azalia codec" is set to "AUTO" (only other option is "DISABLED"), so I've attached a pdf of DCMIManager Boot Log which shows:

4:113 0:000 Start HDA Fix
4:113 0:000 found HDA device NAME(_ADR,0x001B0000) And Name is AZAL
4:282 0:000 HDA Controller [8086:3A3E] :: PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1B,0x0) => setting specified layout- (0x1)

Not sure if this is related or applies, but FYI initially (after 03.a.) I could get Bluetooth audio to my Bose Bluetooth speaker to play audio, but NOW it will not connect at all, it toggles back and forth between connected/unconnected and never lists as an eligible Sound Output.

Please let me know if you need anything else and have any other ideas.

Thanks,
-potatohead113

Attachments

• potatohead113 Audio Problem Reporting.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Always willing to help, wrong thread.
See Troubleshooting/Problem Reporting, Post #1. Off topic.

So sorry to be dim, but I can't determine which is the proper thread to post this. System Info shows No Audio Devices. Which thread is correct to post?

Sorry again.

Apologies, my mistake.
No codec, verify BIOS/.../HD Audio/Enable
When DPCIManager shows Codec ID, OS X audio possible.

Only BIOS mention of Audio is "Azalia Codec" which is set to AUTO (vs. DISABLED). From what I've read that's the only place in this BIOS to enable/disable on-board audio hardware.
Additionally, booting into Windows 7 sees the audio hardware just fine. Note I attached above (in #13) boot logs that show the system recognizing the "AZAL" device...

..and finally, Audio hardware was working fine in Chimera/Yosemite and all prior installs on this box using Chimera or Chameleon before.

Any other ideas? Could it be something about the DSDT? (Sorry I'm a bit unclear).

Thanks again in advance for any help you can offer.

EDIT:

Wait, I'm starting to this it may be a permissions issue with the native AppleHDA kext. Any idea what's the easiest way to check/repair permissions on it?

EDIT2:

Permissions and rebuilding cache seemed to fix the codec id problem! (I used this script: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299102-script-small-and-fast-script-to-fix-permskext-rebuild/)

Attached is the updated DPCIManager screenshot, as well as the Terminal saved output of running the repairrebuild script-- note the existence of ALC8xxHDA.kext. Will this be a problem before I try Multibeast again?

Attachments

• DPCIManager with Audio Codec ID.png
    DPCIManager with Audio Codec ID.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Terminal Saved Output.txt
    2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
That did it! Everything works, including bluetooth audio with Bose Speaker. Thank you so much, toleda!

Two separate issues I found and fixed (in reverse order) that you might want to incorporate into your troubleshooting guide:

1. Check for existence of ALC8xxHDA.kext in S/L/E from previous install and remove, rebuild cache, and restart. This kext landed in my S/L/E/ from a Migration Assistant session from a previous Chimera installation onto this new clean Clover installation. Aha!

2. During uninstallation of a Realtek ALC AppleHDA installation, when installing a native AppleHDA.kext, afterwards, make sure to repair permissions, rebuild cache, and restart.

Note: For beginners: to repair kext permissions and rebuild cache, I first booted with boot flag kext-dev-mode=1 and then used the repairrebuild script here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299102-script-small-and-fast-script-to-fix-permskext-rebuild/. Afterwards, I rebooted without the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag.

GA-H97D3H I5 4440

1.New installation + Multibeast->Driver alc1150 ,option intel hdmi

-Audio layout id 01 00 00 00

-change id to 2 get same result as 1

Result report

-Don’t know Audio Device in DPCIManager-0x80860C0C subdevice 0x80862010

Recognise Alc1150 Audio Codec Verification/DPCIManager 10ec0900 - ALC1150

-sound output - headphone front port (work)

-sound output -back panel pink and black port (work)

-no sound via hdmi

Attachments

• io report methode 1.ioreg
    3.5 MB · Views: 108
  • Screen Shot Result1.png
    Screen Shot Result1.png
    866.2 KB · Views: 121
  • config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 194
GA-H97D3H I5 4440

2 .New installation+Multibeast->Driver->ALC1150 Codec +Optional HD 4600 HDMI Audio +

II.Realtek ALC AppleHDA Scripts

1. Download script (select one script, Download/View Raw)
    1. audio_cloverALC-110.command.zip
Result not success

2 audio_realtekALC-110.command.zip

• patch kext in place
  • edits AppleHDA.kext binaries and adds files
  • run script after Software Update-Audio layout id 01 00 00 00
Success

-use id layout 1

Result report

-Don’t know Audio Device in DPCIManager-0x80860C0C subdevice 0x80862010

Recognise Alc1150 Audio Codec Verification/DPCIManager 10ec0900

- NO Output device