Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using USB to boot Mavericks?
I am not. That USB thats plugged in I used to create el Capitan with clover just to test drive clover but booted my drive called mavericks (even though it's Yosemite). After the USB successfully booted and everything was working (including sound), I installed clover with the same settings. However I couldn't boot using clover installed on my mavericks drive. I was getting stuck with the Bluetooth controller message. I tried troubleshooting that as there were some threads on that but never could get it resolved.

So what I did, which is probably the root of my problem, is I copied all the EFI/Clover files from the USB and pasted them in EFI/Clover on the mavericks drive. I successfully booted with no flags but with no audio. That is where I stand. I was thinking about removing the USB before replying with the diskutil list output but I didn't want to change any variables to confuse things anymore.

I copied all the EFI/Clover files from the USB and pasted them in EFI/Clover on the mavericks drive.
Remove the usb drive, restart, mount EFI, run cloverALC, reply with new files.

Remove the usb drive, restart, mount EFI, run cloverALC, reply with new files.

Wow I just sat down to perform these steps. I ejected the USB and was about to reboot when I noticed my sound icon was not greyed out and I have audio.

What the?? I rebooted without the USB just to double check and audio is working.

I have to know, what was going on here? Why did it all of the sudden work? I did reboot this morning to reply to you (as I was booted into my windows drive), perhaps it was working on that reboot and I didn't realize or do you think it was the USB causing confusion?

Anyway, thank you very much for helping me out.

did you ever respond to #1684?

not sure, have been doing a lot of trial and error..

1-MSI Z170 Gaming 5 - specs say it's ALC 1150
2- Don't know & don't know how to set/change it. See attached terminal output from 'audio_codecdetect_v1.5'
3 - Clover. (I don't know what dsdt or ssdt are. Actually I'm bound to say that Clover is brilliant - I've not had to try much else to get a stable El Cap install running)

Problem description and steps so far;
No Audio device
After 7 combinations in MultiBeast 8.221 the following 3 caused the Sound control panel to 'see' an output device;
ALC1150, Optional 3 port [5.1] Audio & 100 Series Audio

Now I have an audio device but no sound, I copied SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-2.aml to 'EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched' and restarted, and voila..

Newbie, so hope this helps someone else. Please let me know if this post is in the correct part of the forum.

Cheers
Where am i to find SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-2.aml?

hey thanks for the fast response

i followed method lll from [Guide]-Add_HDEF-Clover.pdf and added ssdt_hdef-1-with_ioreg-azal from ssdt_hdef to
the patched folder but no luck

(am probably doing something wrong)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back