Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

No matter what I do I can't seem to get any audio devices to show in the system preferences. Been tearing my hair out for the past 72 hours trying to get this to work. Made worse by the fact that I had the sound working on my first Hackintosh install attempt only a few days ago by following the audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide up to part III and using Audio Layout 1, after a few failed attempts it finally worked one boot, I had to choose Internal Speakers for the line out but that was fine.

Unfortunately there was some faulty RAM installed which crashed the system multiple times before I realised the problem which caused errors on my SSD and I then had to re-install El Capitan and start fresh.

My first install was a Legacy boot with bios vsn 1xxx then in an attempt to get EFI boot working I updated the BIOS as I thought i'd have better chances at an EFI boot... which didn't work, and now I'm back to a legacy install but i'm worried this is why I'm having more trouble getting the sound to work.

I've followed all the parts in this guide - http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html - about 20 times each and can't get sound working at all. Tried all three layouts, different combinations of settings in each layout. Tried all three SSDT techniques - No matter what my audio codec detect will always give me -

"
Try:1. ssdt_hdef-1-with.zip (or -2 or -3)
2. CLOVER/config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1 (or 2 or 3)"

Which I think is set? I've installed the aml file into patches (tried all three separately, and all three layouts to go with each)

In BIOS there is now an option for HD Audo Azalia which was not in the previous BIOS version. Also I've noticed the device doesn't seem to be powering the optical port - In windows you can see the red light in the back of the machine, but booting into OS X it doesn't.

Any help you can give me would be really appreciated. Hopefully i've attached the right files for this. Thanks.

My setup -
El Capitan - 10.11.3
CPU: i5 2400 3.4GHz
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280X 3GB
PSU: XFX XXX Edition 750w 80+ Silver Modular PSU

View attachment AsusHackintoshSound.zip

In BIOS there is now an option for HD Audo Azalia which was not in the previous BIOS version.
Major problem, see Realtek ALC AppleHDA/Post #1/Unsupported/Non working Realtek ALC AppleHDA/5. Asus P8P67 3xxx BIOS: Phantom codec

Thanks for the help and quick reply. My BIOS is now 2105 upgraded from 1202. I guess that was a mistake..

Your guide lists workarounds as
  1. Workaround: 2xxx BIOS downgrade, 7/8 Series upgrade.

I'm not sure I understand what 7/8 series upgrade is sorry. I did some quick searching for phantom codec and noticed some threads about using a 9.3 HDA kext and then run the script?

Yup, I've got a backup native AppleHDA saved and tried all methods with this, I still have that Null Codec and codec detect always gives me the same results. Not sure what to do at this point.

I have spent a few days on this and still have no clue.
Installed 2 methods, one disables the other.

Missed:
Post #1
Realtek ALC Installation Methods
4. Select one method, remove method to try/install a different method

Fix:
Post #1/Realtek ALC AppleHDA
Uninstall Realtek ALC AppleHDA

Can anyone help me (step by step) to enable audio, motherboard gigabyte b85 hd3, everything works but no sound.I should follow guide for 10.10 and newer/Boot flags but can't find Clover/config.plist :crazy:

follow guide for 10.10 and newer/Boot flags but can't find Clover/config.plist
Rules:

• Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
Fix your profile.
What OS X version and what bootloader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back