Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using a NUC5i7 (i7-5557U, Iris 6100, ALC 283) with El Capitan. Under Yosemite I used the audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0e.command script to enable audio (same machine) and it worked great. Under El Capitan, after running the script and rebooting, no audio device is present (only AirPlay options).

The one verify step I didn't understand was the AppleHDA.kext verification -- not sure how to check the codec name, codec ID, and layout-id in there. Here's the requested debug info:

no audio device is present (only AirPlay options).
Install attached realtekALC.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 and 10.11
Reply with new IOJones.

Attachments

• realtekALC.kext.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 133
OK, I copied it into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/ and restarted.
Install attached AppleHDA.kext with KextBeast, Kext Utility, etc. Reply with IOJones.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 122
Audio did work in Yosemite. It was very good, actually. I did an in-place upgrade to El Capitan and that's when the audio device disappeared. (I could try a clean install if you think it would make a difference.)

Because of the upgrade I don't have Yosemite running on it right now, but this is an IOJones from when I did: View attachment nuc5i7.iojones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back