Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a little help with the "Mandatory Add: config.plist/Boot/Arguments/kext-dev-mode=1" step
Chimera, MultiBeast 7.0 and newer/Drivers/Customize/Boot Options/Kext Dev Mode
Clover, Clover Configurator/Boot/Arguments/Kext-Dev-Mode=1

Hey toledo, maybe you're able to help me :)

I was finally able to install OS X on my Hackintosh (with the help of this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...0-mhz-ddr3-onboard-graphics-using-clover.html), but when running audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.3.command, it detected everyhting but threw one error. The error appeared after "Confirm Realtek ALC1150", but I forgot to take a screenshot. I followed the guide further and rebootet, sound was still absent. I then tried to run the script again, which only resulted in the "No audio codec available" error. I figured I'd broken my install and did a clean install, but after booting the freshly installed system and running the script again, the script doesn't even recognize the audio codecs the first time anymore. I had installed Windows before and sound was working there, so I doubt it's a hardware problem. I'll be installing Win again, to check if still has sound.

My build:
Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
i5 4460 with Intel HD4600
and SSD + RAM

I'm running OS X 10.10.1 and the latest version of clover and your cloverALC script.
kext-dev-mode is set to 1, i tried everything in the section about my error.

I've attached my stuff and I hope you'd help me :)

Attachments

• clover-debug.log
    71 KB · Views: 108
  • config.plist
    3.9 KB · Views: 175
  • dpcimanager.png
    dpcimanager.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 126
  • sound-assertions.log
    789 bytes · Views: 122
  • system information.png
    system information.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 122
  • ioreg.ioreg
    1.6 MB · Views: 113
  • Terminal Saved Output.log
    656 bytes · Views: 136
Yes, i have read that, that's what i meant when I said i did everything you recommend for this problem. Resetting the codec didn't have an effect and I've checked everything else you described there. Does that mean, that audio will not be possible on my computer ever?

Oh, right, I forgot to put that back in. Something seems to have happened, but now a search for either HDEF or @1B returns nothing, and the Audio Devices changed:

Screen Shot 2014-12-20 at 14.42.42.png

Nevertheless, thanks for this! If it weren't for your Guide and Guidance here, I wouldn't even have come this far, great work! :)

Edit: I also tried changing the DSDT, but I get compiling errors... Screen Shot 2014-12-20 at 23.49.31.png
(My DSL file was too big, so I uploaded it to my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywwc3ajytsfwmbg/System DSDT.dsl?dl=0)

Thanks, compiling the DSDT worked now. HDEF can be found in the AML, and everything seems to be right after patching it according to your "Add or Edit HDEF-dsdt" guide, but placing the DSDT.aml in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched or in the OEM folder didn't have any effect, IOReg still doesn't find any HDEF record. I tried with DropOEM_DSM set to both true and false, no effect. What am I doing wrong? :(

Attachments

• config-and-dsdt.zip
    22.8 KB · Views: 104
YES, that was the final problem! Oh god, I'm embarrassed, i fiddled around with the settings to check if something helped and forgot to turn the audio controller back on in the BIOS, so, of course, my own stupidity was the fault in the end. Thanks so much for helping, sound is working now! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back