Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so confused by the guide. I have spent 1.5 days working to fix the audio and video on 10.12.4 sierra. I need help please. What should i do with getting the appleAudio thing?

Sorry for my noob question but..
So I tried to use your guide to install Realtek ALC AppleHDA
  1. See Post #1, Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA
  2. Confirm Audio codec/ALC Injection, see Tools 3.
  3. Native AppleHDA, see Restore native AppleHDA [Guide].pdf
  4. Select one method, remove method to try/install a different method, see below)
I downloaded audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0f3.command and launch it in Terminal. But
Terminal showed me next info:

EFI partition not mounted
EFI not found
EFI/CLOVER folder not available to install audio
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

Specs of my Hackintosh
i3 6100
Motehrboard: Asus B150 m-k with Realtek ALC887 8-channel

Can you help me with this? Also I have problems with playing videos (Youtube, Vimeo work fine) Don't work some online services show an error #3 and can't play video on computer with. quicktime player (error -101)..

Last edited:
EFI partition not mounted
EFI not found
EFI/CLOVER folder not available to install audio

if you have not mounted your EFI partition terminal commands can't access it
you'll need EFImounter v3 (or clover, where you can mount partition) and select the correct disk (if you've installed macOS in just one hard drive others will give error messages)
after installing partition it should show you the EFI folder in Finder (it happened to me every time I did it, so I guess it should happen), just retry to play the command

then, youtube will work, the problem is that without Graphic Card drivers installed it glitches
I had the same problem and solved it
are you using a graphic card?
have you installed its driver?

for online errors, I'm sorry but I don't know what to do and i've not used quicktime until now

Last edited:
  1. Clover install script fails. I have the audio passed through as a pci device as it is a virtual machine. Voodoo audio works but isn't perfect, there's a slight hiss. I was trying to get native audio working. The root cause seems to be the fact that HDEF is @4/5 instead of @1B. I'm not sure how to rectify this.
  2. 10.12.4/ovfm q35 vm install with qemu 2.5/gtx780/4790k passed through as a penryn cpu
  3. AppleHDA.kext default installed
  4. AppleHDAxxx.kext nothing installed

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 115
  • Terminal Saved Output.txt
    853 bytes · Views: 120
  • config.plist
    3.5 KB · Views: 275
  • q35-acpi-dsdt.aml
    7.2 KB · Views: 84
  • DPCIManagerBootLog.txt
    16.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
  1. Clover install script fails. I have the audio passed through as a pci device as it is a virtual machine. Voodoo audio works but isn't perfect, there's a slight hiss. I was trying to get native audio working. The root cause seems to be the fact that HDEF is @4/5 instead of @1B. I'm not sure how to rectify this.
  2. 10.12.4/ovfm vm install with qemu 2.5/gtx780/4790k passed through as a penryn cpu
  3. AppleHDA.kext default installed
  4. AppleHDAxxx.kext nothing installed

What are yours hardware spec. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back