Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPCI Manager Bootlog
Boot log does not show AppleHDA patches or kexts/10.12/realtekALC.kext
Suggests audio was installed in a different EFI partition than the EFI partition Clover boots.
Mount correct EFI partition and run cloverALC.

Boot log does not show AppleHDA patches or kexts/10.12/realtekALC.kext
Suggests audio was installed in a different EFI partition than the EFI partition Clover boots.
Mount correct EFI partition and run cloverALC.

@toleda thanks you very much. turned out that I wasn't "mirroring" my EFI partition contents with the other disk (I got a custom Fusion Drive setup). So very best thanks to you for helping me, really appreciate it!

Hi,

Please tell me if this is the wrong place to post this. I just built a new Sierra machine and everything works so far -- but I'm having audio issues. It works fine until I use the microphone (for example, a voice call over google hangouts). Everything works as it should for about 30 seconds, at which point I cannot hear audio any longer. At this point, going to the sound preferences panel and changing the external microphone input device to something else restores the audio.

I just did the latest system update and do not know if this problem existed prior to the update, as I just built this hackintosh a few days ago.

Thanks a lot

EDIT: posted in post-installation Audio section

Last edited:
Feel like I've been going in circles, would appreciate some help!

No Audio devices detected. HDEF appears in the IORegExplorer and layout-id=1 now, so that's something, but No codec and can't figure it out. Originally used Multibeast, checked off the ALC1150 and Series 100. But ended up disabling the HDA->HDEF in clover configurator and added the Ssdt-hdef-HDAS-1.aml in the patches directory (that got me the layout-id at least).

Gigabyte Z170MX Gaming 5
i7-6700
EVGA GTX 950
2x16GB Ballistic Sport
Running Sierra

Files attached, thanks!

Installed ALC892, run MultiBeast/ALC1150
Reply with new files.

Re-ran multibeast, new files attached. Many thanks.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 70
No codec, verify BIOS/.../HD Audio/Enabled
No audio until DPCTManager/Status shows codec_id

Figured I'd start the entire installation over again, and this time it went like clockwork when I went through the instructions. Audio is working now. Thanks so much, for all these great tools and walkthroughs!

Last edited:
  1. Expected audio outputs missing. Please note, this is a frustrating and recurring problem. Part of the solution might lie in ensuring that I am booting from the correct EFI partition. I have a main system drive and a SuperDuper clone of the main system drive. I'm unsure which EFI partition is loading at boot. How can I determine which EFI partition is loading?
  2. 10.11.4, GA-X79-UP5, F4u, i7-3930k, GTX 680
  3. This guide.
    1. Installed Voodoo universal codecs. No audio.
    2. Installed Realtex ALC 898 codec. No audio.
  4. Attached.
  5. Attached.
  6. Attached.
  7. Not installed.
  8. Console/All Messages/ kernel Sound Assertions: no results. Attached All Messages instead.
  9. Attached.
  10. Not used.
  11. Not installed.
  12. Attached.
Thank you.

Attachments

• For Toleda 7.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back