Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's mine:

One thing first. My EFI is on disk0s2 and it's renamed as NO NAME. I went crazy before I got your script to work, then it hit me. It's probably made for EFI partition that is named EFI.
So I renamed my EFI partition to EFI and restarted.
It got script to work.
Anyways.

1. I updated to Sierra and I got no audio what so ever. No devices at all. I uninstalled AppleHDA from /L/E and from /S/L/E and also RealtekALC too.

2. 10.12 / ASUS H97M-E / 2702 bios ver. / i5 4460 / GTX 750

3. At first, after uninstalling kexts, I ran your clover120 script. It said no AppleHDA found.
I'm in the process of downloading Sierra again, so I have no 10.12 AppleHDA.kext

I used Multibeast 8.2.3 for El Capitan and installed ALC887/888b only, after I uninstalled all the AppleHDA and RealtekALC kexts.

So, I used your clover120 script again and I get this now:
cloverALC.txt

4. codecdetect_v1.7.txt

5. Didn't run IOReg.

6. AppleHDA.kext.zip

12. config.plist

Attachments

• cloverALC.txt
    869 bytes · Views: 194
  • codecdetect_v1.7.txt
    527 bytes · Views: 196
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 128
  • config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 273
El Capitan audio does not work in Sierra.
Download latest codecdetect.
Clean install.
Reply with all files.

Latest codecdetect:
codecdetect.txt

Clean Install of Sierra?
I can't do that right now, maybe tomorrow. Thing is, I got working dualboot with W10, IDK how W10 is gonna react to a clean installation.
Also, I updated from 10.11.6 to 10.12 through native update, no USB or anything, just ran the installer, and when it finished, it still had no audio. That's why I removed kexts and tried again with 10.11.6 audio. I didn't have 10.12 AppleHDA backed up.
I'm downloading Sierra, again, right now.
Can I just remove all AppleHDA kexts and RealtekALC kexts, restart, use Pacifist to extract native 10.12 AppleHDA, put it in S/L/E and L/E and then run your script?

Also, DCPI manager shows just:
0x10DE0FBC 0x14628A9C
0x80868CA0 0x10438616
Nothing under Codec ID, or revision, or Codec Name

Do you mean scripts, DCPIManager and IORegistryExplorer, as all files?

Attachments

• codecdetect.txt
    428 bytes · Views: 155
How did you run MultiBeast 8 in Sierra?

Just downloaded and ran.
I seted iMac14,2 before the update but when it was installed I figured out that it automatically was changed to MacPro5,1 after update. So I used MultiBeast 8.2(ran it in Sierra) to change to iMac14,2 back again. And it changed it.

P.S. Maybe you can suggest me where can I find Sierra audio? Pleease!

Very very big thank you in advance!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back