Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z270 Asus Maximus IX Hero
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi everybody

I'm quite new in this community and there are still many things to learn.
Right now I'm struggling with my audio settings on High Sierra 10.13.2. I couldn't find a fitting ALC audio driver (S1220 is needed), so I've tried voodoohda 2.9.0d10. It worked, I could use the green output in the rear, but then there were still some noises in the background appearing from time to time.

So I'm still not sure if there is any better way to install the audio drivers, the audio from my front panel (g5 hackintosh) isn't working as well. Any suggestions which driver I should choose? Any help how I can manage this?

Thanks

I followed Toleda's posts and got audio working properly on my Hero. Read VERY carefully and be very precise about what you do, his instructions are short but accurate so read carefully.

The only odd thing is that my wireless headphones beep when the audio ends... a USB thing since it's not going through the normal connections.

Thanks for your answers.
I really tried to follow the instructions of Toleda for several times (with clean install). I must have done some mistakes or missed some steps, so I've never figured out a way. Now I've found the Patch from MacMan, which works for me perfect. But I'm still searching for a way to enable the Audio from my g5 front panel...

One question more. I've updated now to 10.13.4 and my audio isn't working anymore. I need some support with deinstalling the older kext. Could anybody tell my how i can delete all kext and settings that i've installed with multibeast? I want to start my audio-settings with a "tabula rasa" but i don't know how to remove the old stuff. I would prefer if i don't have to set up the whole hackintosh. Any tricks or guides how to manage this problem?

No 10.13.4 changes to audio. No need to remove old files or install new files.
Restart
Rebuild kextcache, use a kext installer or Terminal:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Restart

If still no audio, see No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/Problem Reporting. Post to thread linked with requested files attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back