Contribute
Register

No audio after wake on 10.11.3 (despite using CodecCommander.kext)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never edited any ACPI files for my mobo that's why I always found my problem pretty odd, especially because i tried all your instructions, step by step for my specific error without success.

At this moment, I reverted my AppleHDA to native... deleted all entries in the "kernel and patches" and on devices removed everything at audio inject. Deleted the file on EFI too.

Tried again a new installation, this time with Multibeast 8.0.1 (that always worked for me with the previous versions ) and unfortunately, no success. It doesn't even detect the audio.

At this moment I dunno if the OSX update broke all the compatibility with my motherboard or if the new way that multibeast patch the AppleHDA it's not working. I'll try the older version of Multibeast just in case...

After more tests, found the problem with the latest multibeast version. (8.0.1)

It doesn't add any strings to config @ EFI in Clover . I had to add it manually.

After that my computer detects the audio and works pretty well. Just like the tweaked script that I used before.

After sleep, no more audio output again (microphone it's working). I can set the audio volume but there's no audio output at all.

So seems to me, in all my tests, and using different ways to install the audio, the same problem occur and this is only happening since the 10.11.3 update just like OP described.

ResetAudio.app and CodecCommander are not helping either.

After sleep, no more audio output again (microphone it's working). I can set the audio volume but there's no audio output at all.
Answer the question in Post #7.
Attach Codec Commander.

Finally Fixed!

The latest version of CodecCommander.kext from Rehabman didn't work for me, so I tested this specific version from this thread and now my sound it's working perfectly after sleep.

Thanks a lot tigersould925 for this precious information about Z97 motherboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back