Contribute
Register

No audio after wake on 10.11.3 (despite using CodecCommander.kext)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170N Gaming 5
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All!

I'm running a near 100% working Skylake build, but I lose audio after waking from sleep using ALC1150. I'm aware this is a common issue, and I've tried to resolve it already by installing the CodecCommander kext from RehabMan via KextWizard - as per this thread, but to no success. Likewise, trying to use the AppleHDAReset is not helping.

Is there anything more I can try? Although I can obviously just not sleep my machine, it'd be preferred if I could! Thanks.

EDIT: Can also confirm the 1150-specific solution suggested in the stickied thread is also non-functional.

Im in the same boat.

Multibeast doesn't work anymore on my motherboard since the last update (they changed how the audio is patched) and the audio clover command never worked for me either so I discovered that opening it as a text file and change the HDEF names to HDAU in all text would work as a workaround and somehow it worked pretty well.

The problem now it's that I only have audio on the first boot, after that, if i put my computer to sleep, it doesn't work anymone.

I can set the audio volume, I can see that the microphone it's working but no audio output. Even using the CodecCommander.

My old fix for sleep was using the app "reset audio" but that doesn't work anymore because the purpose of that app was "reaload" the AppleHDA.kext and since we are talking now about injectors it's pretty much obsolete using this app. (Multibeast in the older versions patched the AppleHDA directly, that's why reloading that file worked just fine after sleep).

Hi toleda,

Apologies, but I was starting this thread precisely because I was unable to get the solutions in the stickied thread (re: losing audio upon wake) to work, including the 1150-specific option you provided.

I'm not sure whether this is a 10.11.3 issue, or whether I'm just doing something incorrectly (definitely possible, ha) - but I would appreciate some further guidance here from more experienced members of this community.

Thanks!

do not hijack another user's thread. Start a new thread for your problems.

Im sorry but it was not my intention to "hijack" his thread. We both have exactly the same chipset, both have the same problems after putting our computers to sleep.

Just Like him, im just trying to fix this problem testing different ways to do it. So opening another thread just for this, IMHO it's senseless, since we are going to "desintegrate" some valuable information that can help us both or even more people in the same boat. :angel:

Im sorry but it was not my intention to "hijack" his thread.
Your fix, "change the HDEF names to HDAU in all text", means you are using different code. No HDEF, not in any way similar to the OP.

I used your command script (audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0o10) to install but I always got this error

"Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem"

So after testing all options in your instructions without sucess I read in other website that it was a problem with some ASUS boards and I needed to open that command file and change everything

"Newer BIOS Versions from Asus and MSI have non patchable onboard audio. Thus thedevice is replaces with one called HDAU in the SSDT. The current patch is broken in thisregard and since the developer has yet to remove ACPI searching from the patch allHDEF in the Audio Patch must be replaced with HDAU.Instructions:
1. Unpack the correct script.
2. Right Click on the script and then find all HDEF and replace them with HDAU.3. Save and then run the script. Then the script will patch audio."

And finally this worked for me. But now I'm only having the problem with the sleep state, that looks pretty common and somehow related to the last OSX update. That's why I never related my problem with the method that i've used and I honestly believe that's related to the latest update.

I used your command script (audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0o10) to install but I always got this error

"Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem"

So after testing all options in your instructions without sucess I read in other website that it was a problem with some ASUS boards and I needed to open that command file and change everything
Not true, bad advice. That error occurs after your "edit"; native Asus/MSI ACPI tables support OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back