Contribute
Register

No audio after sleep (Yosemite - ALC892)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

In terminal..

Hi Guys,

I just made an very simple and short Bash file which contains the commands to restore audio. It's perfect for lazy people ( including myself :p ). Just double click if your standard Application for .sh files is the Terminal.

View attachment Audio Reset.zip

You're kidding me??? PIRACY? Where? In automator snippet? oooh....

For this you (and each active mac user) do not have to be a big developer or programmer or hacker, kexter etc.

Just automator and a bit of logic.

My soure code ...
Code:
on run {input, parameters} 

the shell script "sudo killall coreaudiod" with administrator privileges 
the shell script "sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext" with administrator privileges 
the shell script "sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext" with administrator privileges 
the shell script "sudo killall coreaudiod" with administrator privileges 

return input 
end run
So when you ask me: Are you a developer. I say - no.
But ACTIVE MAC USER - of course. This discussion does not make sense. I want to help... but the discussion is about piracy.
LOL

So when you ask me: Are you a developer. I say - no.
But ACTIVE MAC USER - of course. This discussion does not make sense. I want to help... but the discussion is about piracy.
LOL

Just misunderstanding I guess, he asked, are you the developer (not a developer). Anyway, I don't understand the piracy bit though.

BTW, I've reinstalled my audio driver using the Mavericks's Multibeast and it seems to work for me (as pointed by some other posters in this thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back