ATI HD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone,

I'm very new to hackintosh and I've recently installed 10.8.2 Mountain Lion on my self-made computer. It was originally a PC but I did a disk wipe and got rid of Windows. I installed ML with UniBeast and I put my Multibeast configuration below.

I made another thread in the graphics section because my graphic card isn't at 1080p.

Please help! I'm sorry if I'm asking really newbie questions!

-Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E (BIOS is up to date)
-Processor: Intel i7-960
-Graphics: ATI XFX 5770 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150462) (Currently not working well)
-Hard Drive: 1 TB SATA HDD? (no idea lol)
-6GB of RAM

Screen Shot 2012-12-16 at 6.23.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-12-16 at 6.46.24 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-12-16 at 6.47.01 PM.jpg

Please someone try to help, I'm completely clueless!

You'll want to just check off ALC889 because that is the audio codec that your motherboard uses (assuming you have a DSDT) If not check ALC889 under "Without DSDT"

You'll want to just check off ALC889 because that is the audio codec that your motherboard uses (assuming you have a DSDT) If not check ALC889 under "Without DSDT"

Thanks for replying.

I think I have a DSDT, there's a DSDT.aml in my /Extra. I just did what you told me but the sound still isn't working.

Just making sure I did it right. I opened multibeast and installed just "With DSDT" -> ALC 889 and nothing else.

I'm very new to hackintosh and I've recently installed 10.8.2 Mountain Lion on my self-made computer. It was originally a PC but I did a disk wipe and got rid of Windows. I installed ML with UniBeast and I put my Multibeast configuration below.

View attachment 41325
Installing all MultiBeat audio options is not repairable. Clean 10.8.2 install. MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC889. Reply with the dsdt and a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

Installing all MultiBeat audio options is not repairable.
Really? I thought you could just go to /System/Library/Extensions and manually delete all the kexts because I did that and my audio still works.

Installing all MultiBeat audio options is not repairable. Clean 10.8.2 install. MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC889. Reply with the dsdt and a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

Thanks for replying and taking care of the other guy.

I just did a clean install of ML and installed /Without DSDT/ALC889 but there is still no sound device registered.

I tried testing the audio by playing one of those free song previews on iTunes and the say command in Terminal. Funny thing is, none of them works, as in the song won't play (it's stuck but iTunes shows that it's still playing) and the say command wouldn't say anything.

I also attached my DSDT and a copy of my IOReg. Thanks again!

View attachment 41383

Attachments
-DSDT:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8t189rlt2mpcf3h
-My IOReg: http://www.mediafire.com/?wjuymwfgihk4ube

I just did a clean install of ML and installed /Without DSDT/ALC889 but there is still no sound device registered.
Several problems:
1. Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext (interferes with dsdt/HDEF injection)
2. Edit dsdt/HDEF to dsdt/HDEF in Post #1 of Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx. (ML/layout-id: 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,)
3. Update to 10.8.2
4. Run MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC889 (note: With DSDT)
5. Restart

Reply with new IOReg.

Several problems:
1. Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext (interferes with dsdt/HDEF injection)
2. Edit dsdt/HDEF to dsdt/HDEF in Post #1 of Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx. (ML/layout-id: 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,)
3. Update to 10.8.2
4. Run MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC889 (note: With DSDT)
5. Restart

Reply with new IOReg.

Thanks for reply.

I did the steps above and my audio still isn't working. I'm guessing I did something wrong on my part in following the instructions but hey, what do I know lol.

Heres the new IOReg:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1m4fa652o6j6xuo

I did the steps above and my audio still isn't working. I'm guessing I did something wrong on my part in following the instructions but hey, what do I know lol.
Repeat steps 4 and 5. Reply with IOReg.

Attachments

• IOReg3.zip
    505 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back