Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi, this is my first install on a pc. and it takes 4 days jet. nad i am not finished. had many problems. only 3 left :D

one problem is the missing sound. i tryed many alternatives, nothing helped. perhaps you can help me. where can i find the correct kext for the alc 888b for 10.6.4.

have you tried installing the Legacy888bHDA.kext.zip and 10.6.2 AppleHDA rollback from multibeast? If you are not using a DSDT with the audio edits you will also need to install the HDA Enabler.

All these kexts are in the latest version of multibeast. Good luck.

more info: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/12/ ... n-p55.html

giles said:
have you tried installing the Legacy888bHDA.kext.zip and 10.6.2 AppleHDA rollback from multibeast? If you are not using a DSDT with the audio edits you will also need to install the HDA Enabler.

All these kexts are in the latest version of multibeast. Good luck.

more info: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/12/ ... n-p55.html
If you use MultiBeast to install Legacy888bHDA it automatically installs AppleHDA 10.6.2 Rollback.

Update to latest bios, get the corresponding DSDT, and follow the DSDT video on Tony's youtube channel. Only issue you should have is the GPU, but that can be solved I believe by using the iBoot 5xxx disc. Also, obviously, you won't choose NVEnabler like Tony does in the video, you'll use the one for your GPU.

i followed the video from tony. gpu works good. only audio will not. am i doing somethig wrong?? i made some screenshots.

Attachments

• multi.tiff
    188.4 KB · Views: 273
  • system.tiff
    75.2 KB · Views: 269
hamsibalik said:
i followed the video from tony. gpu works good. only audio will not. am i doing somethig wrong?? i made some screenshots.
Are you using the DSDT from the Database?

yes i do. but when i use the DSDT without the enabler it will not work either.

hamsibalik said:
yes i do. but when i use the DSDT without the enabler it will not work either.
What enabler?

With a DSDT all you need is Legacy888bHDA and Apple 10.6.2 Audio Rollback.

I don't think you need that HDAEnabler. Legacy HDA is the only thing I installed.

FIXED! Re: No Audio after 10.6.4 update - P55m UD2 ALC 888b

I looked all over for an answer, this worked for me!

Basically here is what I did, although I'm not sure if it was all necessary, my sound works now.

- Downloaded the newest DSDT.aml from Tony to my desktop, renamed to DSDT.aml.
- Deleted all files in /e/e/ and /s/l/e/ with "HDA" in it (AppleHDA, LegacyHDA, etc).
- Used Multibeast to follow the steps suggested in this thread, check UserDSDT & LegacyHDA for ALC888b.
- Used Kext Util to repair both Extensions folders (since Multibeast seems to fail at the end if I try with it).
- Reboot and it works!

Also worth mentioning, I had to go into System Prefs > Sound and click on the right Output for sound to finally come out. Now its perfect! Thanks everyone, now I'm fully updated to 10.6.4 (after sitting on 10.6.2 since 01/10).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back