Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a GA-P55A-UD3R and have the correct edits in my DSDT.
I had audio on first install of 10.6.3 but after installing my edited DSDT from gigabeast the audio was no more!

I have reverted to the 10.6.2 applehda kext but still no luck, it shows up in system profiler but not in system settings

help!

see attached!

Get these errors during boot also
Code:
Sound assertion ""( kRequestStateMatch == fCodecRequest->state )"" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 3621 goto handler
Sound assertion "0 != executeCodecCommand ( fCodecList[addr], command, &fCodecVendorProductIDArray[addr] )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 2967 goto Exit
Sound assertion ""( kRequestStateMatch == fCodecRequest->state )"" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 3621 goto handler
Sound assertion "0 != err" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/IOHDAFamily/IOHDACodecDevice.cpp" at line 147 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 == codecListArray" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDACodecGeneric.cpp" at line 126 goto Exit

After a bit of reading around, I am on my BIOS rev F5, but the newest is F8. Could it be I need to flash my BIOS?

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 230
Kips said:
After a bit of reading around, I am on my BIOS rev F5, but the newest is F8. Could it be I need to flash my BIOS?
Yes, there were problem with audio with older version of the BIOS. The DSDT in GigaBeast is always for the latest version of the BIOS available when MultiBeast is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back