CPU
i5 760
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am new here, but need help with audio on my lastest build. I upgraded from 10.6.8 to 10.8.1 using appstore download and UniBeast + MultiBeast UserDSDT install. I reformatted my drive after creating the UniBeast usb loader to do a fresh 10.8.1 install.

After 10.8.1 installed, I had to disable 2 kexts -- IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext and CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext before MultiBeast 5.0.2 would run.

I've tried all the Voodoo kexts in MultiBeast as well as the working VoodooHDA.kext used with 10.6.8 but have had little success. At one point, audio was working after running MultiBeast, but was no longer working after a reboot, and now I'm not sure what I did to even get it to work after MultiBeast.

When using Voodoo 0.2.56, the volume slider shows up but is grey'd out. In Preferences under Sound, it shows Digital-out (HDMI) four times under Output. When I did get sound working after Multibeast, it showed up differently in Preferences, and actually showed line out (rear). I am trying to use the green line out jack on the back to a powered speaker setup, nothing digital.

DSDT-ASUS-P7P55D-E-LX-1602.aml from tonymacx86 database

MB: Asus P7P55D-E LX flashed with 1602 BIOS
CPU: Intel Core i5 760 2.8Ghz LGA1156
RAM: 2 x 2GB Crucial DDR3 Ballistix PC3 12800 CL8
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB

Audio chipset: VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio

FYI, I gave up on using the built in audio and am using USB audio which works great.. If anyone has an easy fix for the built in audio on the P7P55D-E LX let me know.

FYI, I gave up on using the built in audio and am using USB audio which works great.. If anyone has an easy fix for the built in audio on the P7P55D-E LX let me know.

Try this...

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    161.7 KB · Views: 120
Try this...

be sure to first install the Voodoo 2.7.3 kext via multibeast...then overwrite with this edited kext via kextbeast or champlist. Always repair permissions and rebuild caches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back