3770k OC @ 4.5GHz
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I just installed Lion on my PC. Quite successfully. I am not sure if everything worked correctly but I got like 9000-10.000 points in GeekBench. I guess that is ok.

Then I wanted to fix the App Store and iCloud. I downloaded Chameleon Wizard and changed the Serial Number, the Boot Screen Theme and from MacPro 3.1 to MacPro 4.1.
Right after rebooting I got the Kernel Panic. I am not sure what I should do now to fix this problem.

A photo is in the attachment

thanks in advance!

EDIT: Changed the topic because i fixed the problem with reinstalling. The problem was that i have set Mac Pro 4 as system definition.

Attachments

• kernen_panic.jpg
    kernen_panic.jpg
    553.4 KB · Views: 236
Sorry for double post. I still have the problem that I can't access the Mac App Store, because Apple doesn't verify my System as an Apple Computer. I use an Internet USB Stick as internet connection. No ethernet, cable or anything like that.

Delete appketymcedriver kext from s/l/e so you can use mac pro 4,1 or 5,1.

@Albertsw What is the advantage of setting it as a Mac Pro 5?

@jester969 I don't use Ethernet as internet connection. I can't even set Ethernet in the network device menu. I use an internet data stick from huawei. My options are the huawei modem or VPN, PPPoE, 6 to 4. I don't know what to do. I tried Method 1 and 2. Both didn't work.

Hi

i had the problem with the "Mac appstore" with my computer and i fixed it like this:
first, you have to remove the software and the kexts of the huawei stick.
now, you should look for your ethernet kexts, install them with kextbeast and reboot.
After this, you can reinstall the huawei kexts & software and reboot.
I should work. :)

@johahi this sounds pretty easy. but how do I remove kexts (via multibeast?) and where do i find the ethernet kexts? Idk why but i figured out to install everything without really getting into technical things.

I once removed the app for the huawei stick but it seems like there where much more. at least the network devices where still there.

I would really appreciate it if you could help me out? thank you anyway :)

Go to http://www.osx86.net/ and type your lan card. then download the kext.

Method 1: But before, you fully have to remove the kexts of your huawei in /system/library/extensions.
I dunno which kexts the huawei installer builds.
you have to look for the networkinterfaces.plist in system/library/preferences and delete it - also in the dustbin. DO THIS ALSO IF YOU RE PRACTISING METHOD 2

Metod 2: If this doesn't work, look for your install volume ( Huawei cd) and for an uninstaller.

Now do the other steps. here are a few links with the information: viewtopic.php?f=169&t=30573
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=33177

The difference between them and your/mine problem is, that they have already installed their ethernet.

Sry for my English, I' m a german student. ;)

Ich schreib dir dann eine Nachricht falls ich mich nicht auskenne. Ich probier es mal aus :)

EDIT: The App Store finally works.

Here is what i have done:

Deleted networkinterfaces.plist (make sure you delete the dust bin too)

I removed the mobile internet app (+ removed the kext. They had all "Huawei" in the name)

As I use a mobile broadband internet stick as internet connection I had first to install the ethernet kext.

Rebooted

Created a new Ethernet Connection in the Network Device Menu and put it on first place

Then it worked. Thank you johahi!!!! you made my day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back