Contribute
Register

No AHCI option, but others have it working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Not yet purchased
CPU
Not yet purchased
Graphics
Not yet purchased
Hey guys,

New user here. I have a Dell Dimension 3100, pretty much as-is from purchase 7 years ago. I'm using it as a sort of "practice machine" and want to install Snow Leopard on it before I do my better AMD machine (which I've heard is much harder).

Anyway, I've googled around and loads of people have gone "Yeah! I got it working, but sound doesn't work" - thats fine, but noone says HOW they got it working!

On the BIOS, there is no option anywhere to set the drive to AHCP... So does anyone know of another method which these people may have used to get the ball rolling?

Any helps great, thankspractice machine

:beachball:
Sorry, couldn't resist adding it :D

...Anyone able to help with this?

...Helpful.

If thats the case, then how did other people get it working fine? Various other sites state it as supported too, for example

Flenix said:
...Helpful.

If thats the case, then how did other people get it working fine? Various other sites state it as supported too, for example

http://tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Snow Leopard is supported from a Core Duo. You need a patched kernel for it on unsupported hardware. That link you provided is for Leopard, not Snow Leopard.

Also the Integrated Graphics card is unsupported on Snow Leopard. It won't work.

You could try installing Leopard, but again, this forum is for Snow Leopard and Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back