Graphics
intel HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
First, I am a complete novice at this "Hackintosh" game and, to be honest, I'm only going down this route after seeing how much even a used 2011 iMac i7 27" model costs.

Before properly installing on my i7 HTPC system, I'm using a VirtualBox Mountain Lion build to make myself aware of all the steps I'll need to follow. I've been using this guide to install it http://lifehacker.com/5938332/how-to-run-mac-os-x-on-any-windows-pc-using-virtualbox. There a couple of idiosyncrasies, such as the Multibeast settings to use not existing anymore, but overall it works ok. But when I try to create an app store account it shows me as being in the Netherlands instead of the UK. And when I try to run About this mac, I just get a blank black box (like the Windows command prompt) and nothing else.

Can someone give me a link to a better guide on how to install ML as a virtual machine, or at least give me help on changing my location. The installation was made using UK as my location.

First, I am a complete novice at this "Hackintosh" game and, to be honest, I'm only going down this route after seeing how much even a used 2011 iMac i7 27" model costs.

Before properly installing on my i7 HTPC system, I'm using a VirtualBox Mountain Lion build to make myself aware of all the steps I'll need to follow. I've been using this guide to install it http://lifehacker.com/5938332/how-to-run-mac-os-x-on-any-windows-pc-using-virtualbox. There a couple of idiosyncrasies, such as the Multibeast settings to use not existing anymore, but overall it works ok. But when I try to create an app store account it shows me as being in the Netherlands instead of the UK. And when I try to run About this mac, I just get a blank black box (like the Windows command prompt) and nothing else.

Can someone give me a link to a better guide on how to install ML as a virtual machine, or at least give me help on changing my location. The installation was made using UK as my location.

This site does not support Virtual Machines running on hosts other than OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back