Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all,

i managed to install Big Sur on my HYSTOU P05B-i7-8565U mini pc. The system is running ok, though a couple of issues remain:

- Max Graphics resolution is 2560x1440, although i get 3840x2160 under Linux.
- Also no Retina support
- HDMI does not work at all, black screen upon GUI start
- DP does work
- Shutdown does not work reliably. Crash and failure to power off

Most important for me would be full UHD w/ Retina
Issues are same under Catalina.

Strangely, MacOS reports Intel 3EA5 for the GPU, which would be Iris Plus Graphics 655, although the i7-8565U only contains UHD 620 CPU. This obviously comes from incorrect specification in my OC config, but I really lack the knowledge on how to specify correct values.

The is no option for specifying DVMT in BIOS settings.

A related question: If I want to change the Model identifier (i.e. MacbookPro15,2), do I also have to adjust serial, boardsearial and the like ?

Complete Specs:

CPU: I7-8565U
Chipset: ???
RAM: 8GB
Monitor: Dell P2415Q
OpenCore 0.6.0

I hope that someone can help me with the resolution issue .

Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 15.08.05.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 111
Hi all,

i managed to install Big Sur on my HYSTOU P05B-i7-8565U mini pc. The system is running ok, though a couple of issues remain:

- Also no Retina support
- DP does work

Strangely, MacOS reports Intel 3EA5 for the GPU, which would be Iris Plus Graphics 655, although the i7-8565U only contains UHD 620 CPU. This obviously comes from incorrect specification in my OC config, but I really lack the knowledge on how to specify correct values.

A related question: If I want to change the Model identifier (i.e. MacbookPro15,2), do I also have to adjust serial, boardsearial and the like ?

Complete Specs:

OpenCore 0.6.0

View attachment 504418
have altered your config Device properties give it a try.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5 KB · Views: 33
Hi zappy39,

thanks for your help. Unfortunately, it does not seem to make any difference. Resolution is still the same. As you can see, your patch *is* reflected in System information.

Anything else that I can try?

-Heinrich

Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 22.52.23.png

Screenshot was incorrect, taken via Screensharing:

Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 23.29.13.png
MacOS seems to think it is connected to a TV set (hence 1080p). Image also suggests that.
I don't know if this important.
Note also, that screen mirroring is not available although there are two devices present.

-Heinrich

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 23.29.13.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 23.29.13.png
    90 KB · Views: 23
Screenshot was incorrect, taken via Screensharing:

View attachment 504489
MacOS seems to think it is connected to a TV set (hence 1080p). Image also suggests that.
I don't know if this important.
Note also, that screen mirroring is not available although there are two devices present.

-Heinrich
ok try with this one with max pixel clock and backlight registers

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 42
Hi Zappy39,

unfortunately still no avail. How much does the model id matter? Can I easily play with it? (See question in my 1st post)

-Heinrich

Hi Zappy39,

unfortunately still no avail. How much does the model id matter? Can I easily play with it? (See question in my 1st post)

-Heinrich
my hp laptop got same cpu I use MacBook Pro 15.2 but to get HDMI without black screen I have to use boot argument
agdpmod=vit9696 or igfxonln=1 you could try

Sadly, this doesn't make any difference too.
it seems I will have to settle with non retina modes. Right now, I am writing this on a machine with 4k/retina scaled to 1920x1080. Text is clear and crisp. On my new machine, 1920x1080 looks really blurred (on the same monitor).

-Heinrich

Looks good! How did you achieve this?
Note that I have UHD 620, not 630. Strangely, your Device ID 1916 suggests you have a HD 520?

Hi all,

- Also no Retina support
- DP does work

Complete Specs:

OpenCore 0.6.0

View attachment 504418
try using a Mac mini smbios. also you do not have the 4k boot args and patches in device properties. add -cdfon and enable hdmi2.0 patch in device properties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back