1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Made installation USB drive with xMove.
Installed with booting from rBoot.
MB is Asus P8Z68-VLE.

Installed Lnx2Mac Releases RTL81xx Beta. NIC works when booting from rBoot, with no extra Kernal flag. But NIC not working if booting from Chimera which is installed by MultiBeast 4.0.2.
It's weird, Anyone has idea?

rBoot boots your Hackintosh with the 32-bit kernel, while Chimera boots with the 64-bit kernel by default. That could be the problem. You can force Chimera to boot into 32-bit mode by adding arch=i386 under "Kernel Flags" in the file "org.Chameleon.boot.plist", which is located in the /Extra folder of your hard drive. You can edit the file with TextEdit. (The file might be called com.apple.Boot.plist)

P.S. The file is locked. You will have to unlock it to edit it (TextEdit should prompt you to unlock it when you try to edit it).

TheSmartGuy said:
rBoot boots your Hackintosh with the 32-bit kernel, while Chimera boots with the 64-bit kernel by default. That could be the problem. You can force Chimera to boot into 32-bit mode by adding arch=i386 under "Kernel Flags" in the file "org.Chameleon.boot.plist", which is located in the /Extra folder of your hard drive. You can edit the file with TextEdit. (The file might be called com.apple.Boot.plist)

P.S. The file is locked. You will have to unlock it to edit it (TextEdit should prompt you to unlock it when you try to edit it).

Thxs first. Actually, I tested it in 32-bit mode, but no luck.

Finally, I get it works by installing Lnx2Mac the new version 0.0.9.

But I still cannot understand why bootloader makes it so different.

I had the problems when installing the card via Multibeast on my P8Z68-VLE 3.41 GHz Intel Core i7 I installed the network card before I installed Multibeast just run the RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90.pkg reboot then install the update helper then reboot with the boot cd and run the latest MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8.dmg reboot again with the boot cd and run multibeast without the network card option,
Then restart from the hdd where you installed os.x on all is there then you run the P8P67SATAControllers.kext and you have the full sata support.
I had problems with my vedeo card and I bought a cheap asus en210 512mb card that has native support and as boot cd I used the reggae boot cd and i used MultiBeast 3.10.1, this is for snow leopard I had lion running with the l2 dvd but I needed the ntfs support to share drives.

textedit does not prompt me to unlock it :S what can i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back