Graphics
GTX 460
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've installed the latest 10.6.2 retail snow leo(build number 10C2334). It has P55 i5/i7 support.
1164370.image

But there's a new problem, it breaks SATA DSDT patch, so now all drives appear as external. Also SATA controllers appear as Intel 5 Series Chipset. Removing the patch doesn't fix anything on p55m-ud2.

Any ways to fix it without adding kexts?

Exactly the opposite. It's the kext from this 10C2334 build which i have installed.

Wow- you're the first I've seen that has been able to install the 10.6.2 DVD. Is it one that came with an iMac? Also, make sure you're using an iMac smbios.plist- that could fix the SATA issue. That's a weird one.

Well, for now I've used LegacyAHCI injector kext from the chinese link above and removed the SATA patch from DSDT. It works, but I hope there will be a new SATA patch for DSDT.

P.S.: btw, sound plops with imac smbios disappeared I think.

Daioptych said:
Well, for now I've used LegacyAHCI injector kext from the chinese link above and removed the SATA patch from DSDT. It works, but I hope there will be a new SATA patch for DSDT.

Well, since this particular build is for iMacs only, I'd assume that there are some specific versions of the kexts that will cause some issues for Hackintoshes.

The iMac smbios plops have disappeared for me since updating my LegacyHDA from the LegacyHDA_888B ;)

tonymacx86 said:
Daioptych said:

Well, since this particular build is for iMacs only, I'd assume that there are some specific versions of the kexts that will cause some issues for Hackintoshes.

The iMac smbios plops have disappeared for me since updating my LegacyHDA from the LegacyHDA_888B ;)
No, no. When you removed the post you didn't read it correctly. This build is not for iMacs anymore. It is a new retail dvd that comes with 10.6.2 preinstalled and it can be installed on any mac. It has been shipping from Apple store for a couple of days now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back