Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 7970 x2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Really love this community and don't want anyone to get burned like I did during this black friday cycle. Don't order from Newegg anymore - They used to be great, but their customer service has gone down the tubes. I ordered an m2 nvme 1tb ssd from them during the black friday sales, and they sent me an envelope with 2 lighters inside of it. I immediately contacted them and RMA'd it since most likely someone in their shipping department brought the lighters and threw them in the package to get the weight right and then stole the SSD I ordered. Not the end of the world, but they refused to refund/replace and told me it was impossible that the shipping department pulled the scam. LOL- they told me to chargeback with my credit card. Save yourself the hassle (this is from Newegg proper too, not a 3rd party seller on their site) Three hours on hold being bounced around to supervisors until they rejected the RMA. We'll see how my credit card decides to deal with it, but $200 is not nothing to be scammed out of. Apologies if not the right place to post, but I just want to protect the community since they have been so awesome and helpful to me with my builds over the years. Cheers.

Really love this community and don't want anyone to get burned like I did during this black friday cycle. Don't order from Newegg anymore - They used to be great, but their customer service has gone down the tubes. I ordered an m2 nvme 1tb ssd from them during the black friday sales, and they sent me an envelope with 2 lighters inside of it. I immediately contacted them and RMA'd it since most likely someone in their shipping department brought the lighters and threw them in the package to get the weight right and then stole the SSD I ordered. Not the end of the world, but they refused to refund/replace and told me it was impossible that the shipping department pulled the scam. LOL- they told me to chargeback with my credit card. Save yourself the hassle (this is from Newegg proper too, not a 3rd party seller on their site) Three hours on hold being bounced around to supervisors until they rejected the RMA. We'll see how my credit card decides to deal with it, but $200 is not nothing to be scammed out of. Apologies if not the right place to post, but I just want to protect the community since they have been so awesome and helpful to me with my builds over the years. Cheers.

WOW, they have been getting bad lately. My RX570 card was left standing straight up on the thin side of the package on top of my mailbox 150 FEET FROM MY HOUSE! It is a miracle it didn't get stolen, or damaged. They sent my 38 inch monitor to Arizona when it clearly had a Virginia address on it. Took an extra week to deliver and 2 hours on the phone with Newegg. Very sad.

I hate Amazon for personal reasons but we aren't being left with much of a choice.

I found that my latest orders were the best packaged that I have ever had from them, no problems.

I bought a video card 6 months ago and I thought it was bad in the end it was my CPU. However, that is not the point they returned the video card, I spent about 10 mins writing various emails to the same person during the refund process. No issues at all they sent me a return packaging slip and box to put the item in and about 4 days after I shipped the item back I received a full refund.

@macs_forever

Newegg has nothing to do with the package left on your mailbox 150 feet from your house that was the post man, UPS, Fex-ex, or otherwise. Packages always get left on my front porch that is at last 150 feet from the street unless you walk across my grass. Maybe try online or email support for you next return, I find that I have better results and I get less stressed out.

If you call your credit card company they will just reject the charge from Newegg. Then you can order two new ones albeit they might not be as cheap. I would guess it is a lot more work for everyone including yourself to try and get Newegg to replace them. It is much easier for your credit card company to reject the charge as not received and then Newegg can issue an insurance request and get their money back from their insurance. Lot less back and forth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back