Nvdia 3100M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
Thought I'd give hackintoshing a bash so tried to follow the guide on here..

trying to install on "HP Pro 4540s C4Y79EA INTEL Core i5"Processor (i5-3210M)"

using

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/77057-guide-installing-mountain-lion-hp-probook.html

Sucessfully built my usb stick as per the guide and booted it... the loader screen appears for a few seconds but then screen just goes black.
if it hit the mouse key it seems to make the usb drive flash the first time i do it... after that.. nothing.
Same if i hit enter... usb flashes then nothing again...

I tried a reboot -v -g to see if i could see what was happening (incidentially after the failed install my laptop insists of a CMOS reset... is this normal?).
See pages of 'READ HFS+' and then
Creating RAM Disk (repeats)
Using 64 bit bootcache playlist
BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist :2 No such file or directory
NTFS Driver 3.10 [Flags R/W ]
NTFS volume name System Reserved, version 3.1
NTFS volume name , version 3.1
Previous Shutdown cause: 3
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::initFanThrottleControl - waiting for AppleSMC

there's something else after this i think but the screen goes black before i can read it.

Any idea why it's doing this?

(please bare in mind I'm a newbie)!

thanks
Adam.

Try using -v -f flags and right front USB port.

thanks. booted with -f -v in right hand usb port nearest front....
still goes blank at the same point .... managed to spot a few more messages following previous post...
i think it's saying unknown CPU model...

can't see the detail because it disappears so quickly.. :(

One more to try
-v -f -F
or
DSDT=NO -v -f -F

otherwise I'm out of ideas.

I have ProBook 4540s with tha same processor and 10.8.2 is fully working except for the WiFi and Bluetooth.
In order to get it to work, you should do the following steps.
1. Extract untouched DSDT from any Ubuntu live cd.
2. Follow Mad_Sunday guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/87085-probook-4540s-ivy-bridge-howto.html) for installing the the operating system so you should boot with these flags:
Code:
GraphicsEnabler=No UseKerenelCache=No -f -v
3. After installing, update to 10.8.2 first then install Chameleon.
4. If you'd like to use the ProBook Installer, use version 6.1 and choose 10.8.2 with Ivy Bridge support.
5. You should now have a working -not fully- system.
6. After this you should patch your own DSDT from http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/87105-4540s-dsdt-patches-comments-questions-please.html

thanks for the responses. Tried them all with the same outcome... very frustrating. None of the things which work for other people seem to work for me! Running F31 BIOS. Laptop built October 2012 from what i can tell. 500GB HDD replaced with 250GB Samsung 840 SSD. Has windows 7 SP1 installed (partition 1 - 100mb windows boot/ partition 2 - 120gb for win7 / parition 3 - empty - currently exfat - labelled MAC).

I've posted a video of the boot on youtube if anyone wants to take a peek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTH6LJl_lBk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Any feedback appreciated.

Maybe I'll try hooking something to the VGA port next to see if there's anything appearing on there....

I bought this particular machine with the sole intention of getting myself re-mac'ed so i could sell my core 2 duo macbook pro...i'm sure i'll get there in the end but by god its frustrating... :banghead:

thanks for the feedback so far.

Have you got an Advanced Format (AF) 720gb hard drive, what bios do you have, is it set to default settings? and have you changed (only) SATA from IDE to ACHI?

Pete

oooops just re-read your last post. I suspect its your solid state drive?

just wanted to say I've made it as far as the installer @ last (those extra flags re: graphicsenabler and usekernelcache seem to have done the trick. I already had a windows 7 install on the machine (3 partitions - 1st was 100mb boot for windows i think then the main windows install and then a spare area for the MAC. Sadly it wont install onto here because I've not got a GPT partition table setup... also when I came out of the ML installer my windows 7 boot was creamed. No matter. A reinstall won't take that long. I guess I need to read up on paritioning BEFORE installing anything!

thanks for the tips everyone... getting there slowly (1 step forward and 2 steps back!).

cheers.
Ad.

One way to avoid the installer shying back from the MBR is installing into an external GPT disk. Then use a linux live dvd to copy the newly installed partition to the intended place.

DG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back