Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
dear tonymacx86 community!

I've been checking out this page for a long time and informed myself, but I guess... now I need your help :?:
I want to build my first Hackintosh because I'm fed up using my netbook and a 8 year old Win XP Pc.....

I have access to a Mac mini since a friend owns one, but I personaly don't own any Apple product.(in case I need to do anything I can't do on a Win XP/7)

I already looked up some criteria for parts to make it a bit more easy, but since I'm still a newbie I'm not sure:)

I want to use the following parts:

Mobo: GA Z68x UD3H-B3 (DisplayPort/HDMI/DVI/D-Sub)
CPU: i7 2600 (k??)
SSD: Intel 510 Series
HDDs: 2x WesternDigital WD20EARX (caviar green 2TB)
RAM: G.Skill DIMM 16 Gb DDR3 1600 Kit
ODD: Sony Optiarc
Cardreader?? no idea so far...

PU: be quiet! dark power pro P9 550W
(might be a little bit too much power, but has a great efficiency)

Grafics: I want to use the Intel HD 3000 Grafics (I don't need a gaming PC),
is it possible to use this one if I make my build "from scratch"?

I haven't purchased anything jet and I hope somebody can give me a little piece of advice :)

I also havn't bought any OS jet, so I guess i have to install SL first, or has anybody experience using the USB-Flashdrive Lion installer?

best regards, Alex

I found this post which is a guide about the motherboard, but using an ATI 6870 card...
I'm wondering if I can install SL first and then Lion without having a "real" graphics card?

Sorry for these stupid questions, Alex

Gordo74's Guide: viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306

HI i have the same hardware as you. but i have difficulties in running the mac os from the on board graphic card.. the resolution is low and the safari stucks and system is not stable.. I am out solutions at this point. so im kind of gave up in the building of the hakintosh for now until i buy a graphic card...In some post i read that you need to install lion to get the HD 3000 working.. that the solution im going to try out next....I think running the integrated graphics is still in development we see some development in future.

Other than that every thing works fine (installs fine,,every thing OK except to the HD 3000),,
My advice is to buy a low end GPU like EVGA GeForce 9500 GT it is cheap and seem to run perfect(I don't own one but saw in a user post that it works fine) ...

Not sure if you've got your answer yet but I can assure you the HD 3000 Graphics do work, quite well actually. I have the GA Z68x UD3H-B3 MOBO with Intel i7 2600k and am using the DVI port on the MOBO. When I first installed SL, the resolution was stuck at 768 X 480 or whatever it is, I couldn't play anything in Quicktime or with the spacebar preview, but after using the latest Multibeast 3.9.0 I can't remember exactly what I did, but it started working perfectly. I then updated to Lion and everything runs perfect. I use FCP X, After Effects, Premiere Pro and Photoshop and they all run flawlessly. Have edited quick a bit with FCP X on this Hackintosh and the background rendering is incredible. SO FAST!

I still haven't figured out the HDMI port yet, mainly because I haven't been bothered, but I'm sure its an easy fix.

Im running 16Gb ram at 1333Mhz and have OC'd my processor to 4Ghz with the stock heat sink and it runs brilliantly and really cool.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back