Contribute
Register

Newbie needs help with asus maximus v gene z77 setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would help if you installed the right audio kext. You have the ALC898 not ALC892.

could this be the problem of not loading and not giving screen with ML??

if so i will reinstall ML.

I just noticed it was me. The Audio kext is not the issue. Even thought you have difference audio kext you will be able to boot but there will be no audio.

But he is getting still waiting for root device error on bootup.

Try booting with -v -x

So if I do understand you well, your system boots now correctly, but you only have hdmi to enable and a black screen at boot up.

If so, you'll have to enable hdmi when editing your dsdt, and for the black screen try to put it in sleep mode* (ctrl + shift + eject) when entering os x, then enter any key to awake your screen.

*Edit : or unplug/plug back your screen

I also have the tricky black screen at boot up (hd5870 dvi to a 2560x1600 display, that's probably why) and I resolved it by attaching a second display on the second dvi port (1440x900 portrait mode).

So if I do understand you well, your system boots now correctly, but you only have hdmi to enable and a black screen at boot up.

If so, you'll have to enable hdmi when editing your dsdt, and for the black screen try to put it in sleep mode* (ctrl + shift + eject) when entering os x, then enter any key to awake your screen.

*Edit : or unplug/plug back your screen

hdmi is enabled..if i boot with GE=No and npci=0x3000 ML boots just fine..
no black screen..i want hdmi audio to be enabled.
dsdt editing i do not understand..i am still a noob at this but learning it fast..
maybe someone can help me with the audio editing??
and how to set up chimera correct.

my nvidia gtx 465 runs good..gpu is enabled..just did a benchmark with Unigine Heaven 3.0. waauuww..nice benchmark..

i havent installed chimera yet..when i do then things go bad..is still boot from unibeast usb.

I meant enabling hdmi audio trough dsdt edit.
You'll have to extract dsdt then patch it with the attached file.

Edit: if you do so, you'll have to delete hdaenabler kext from S/L/E and rebuilt cache before reboot, or rebooting with "-f" (without quotes) at chimera's boot.

Attachments

• ASUS Maximus V Gene 2.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 136
oke..thx for the file..now only figuring out how that editing works of dsdt..

i am currently working on the Gpu Hdmi Audio getting to work.
MiniITX is helping me with this..

Build - Asus maximus V Gene Z77
Audi - Alc898
GPU - Nvidia gtx 465

we have asked the help of Toleda at http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/28626-lion-hdmi-audio-part-3b-kext-edits-nvidia-57.html#post491991

we will have to wait and see.
Hope we can get it to work.

EDIT: Update tread.

System runs fine now and stable..i had a issue with my video card that sometimes there is no screen and sometimes it boots fine.After coming across this thread
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/67927-gtx-560-ti-dual-monitor-audio-problems-5.html#post432133
i tried this but the problem remained..
after searching the web i found a modified bios version to unlock my gtx465 to a 470. i downloaden the bios and did exactly what they said in the tread above.. rebooted my system and it worked..rebooted several times with no problems..so injecting the bios trough org.chameleon.plist works..

thx to
MiniITX for editing the Hdmi Audio Dsdt the audio works too..

View attachment HDMI Audio working.zip

thx for all you guys helping me out..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back