Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings,

Thanks to the excellent information here, I was able to compile a list of items and with some online videos, able to assemble the computer. I was nervous about starting it up but it worked like a charm. I upgraded to F8 BIOS and made the mods below.

Set all Harddrives to AHCI
Disable Wake-on-LAN
Enable both xHXI and EHXI
If using the onboard HD400 video
Primary Graphics to IGFX
Internal Memory Size to 64mb
DVMT Total Memory Size to MAX

I took my drive from my MacPro 1,1 10.7.3 (test drive so I don't destroy my actual drive) and was able to use UniBeast to install ML 10.8 and got to the MultiBeast stage (User DSDT option). I was able to install the Intel + Atheros networking hacks, the bootloader with standard customization option. I restarted and got the boot1 error, went back and downloaded chameleon and got the boot1 file (entered and chanted mystic spell to get it installed via Terminal).

Now, I'm past the boot error, get the gorgeous chameleon boot screen, the Apple log and about 45 seconds into booting, I get a kernel panic. It repeats.

What am I doing wrong? Should I have performed a clean install? How do I troubleshoot?

I thought that I had followed all the instructions properly. I appreciate all of your help.

At the "gorgeous Chameleon screen", type the boot flag -v

When the text stops at the kernel panic, snap a picture and post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back