Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Newb here boot into my laptop screen not hdmi port dell insprion 7720 mavericks 10.9.1. tried messing with clover settings no luck thanks in advance....

Newb here boot into my laptop screen not hdmi port dell insprion 7720 mavericks 10.9.1. tried messing with clover settings no luck thanks in advance....

You will need to post detailed specs.

CPU model. Chipset. Graphics chip(s). Screen resolution.

are these enough for specs that u need?

Chipset i think either: Intel QS77/HM77 Chipset
Processor Name: Intel Core i7-3610QM
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz Turbo boost 3.4 GHz
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8
RAM: 8 GB
Weight: 7.4 lb
Screen Size: 17.3 inches
Screen Type: Widescreen
Native Resolution: 1600 x 900
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 650M
2nd Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Storage Capacity (as Tested): 1000 GB
Rotation Speed: 5400 rpm
Networking Options: 802.11n

are these enough for specs that u need?

Chipset i think either: Intel QS77/HM77 Chipset
Processor Name: Intel Core i7-3610QM
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz Turbo boost 3.4 GHz
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8
RAM: 8 GB
Weight: 7.4 lb
Screen Size: 17.3 inches
Screen Type: Widescreen
Native Resolution: 1600 x 900
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 650M
2nd Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Storage Capacity (as Tested): 1000 GB
Rotation Speed: 5400 rpm
Networking Options: 802.11n

Try booting with:
IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0

"Try booting with:
IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0"

Thanks for your help this is my first hackintosh do i need to apply these settings in clover v2 efi boot menu and if not how? thanks agian..

"Try booting with:
IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0"

Thanks for your help this is my first hackintosh do i need to apply these settings in clover v2 efi boot menu and if not how? thanks agian..

Those flags are for Chimera. If you're using Clover, you must set the equivalent in config.plist. Read the Clover wiki for settings in config.plist.

You could also enable your HD4000 instead of trying to disable it by setting the ig-platform-id and injecting for Intel graphics. The value you use depends on screen resolution, which you have not specified.

Those flags are for Chimera. If you're using Clover, you must set the equivalent in config.plist. Read the Clover wiki for settings in config.plist.

You could also enable your HD4000 instead of trying to disable it by setting the ig-platform-id and injecting for Intel graphics. The value you use depends on screen resolution, which you have not specified.

i tried installing Chimera from multibeast but when i boot it says 3 things i cant see it boots to fast something like

boot:gtp
boot:0
boot:done

then jumps to windows 8 boot

cannot unmount drive the os is installed on to run code. tried to unmount in terminal as well.. gonna try to install chimera efi will post results

cannot unmount drive the os is installed on to run code. tried to unmount in terminal as well.. gonna try to install chimera efi will post results

Make sure you booted into the OS X *installer*, not your already installed partition on the HDD. You cannot unmount a volume if it is being used as root, which is the whole purpose in booting the OS X installer (root is the on the USB).

Read carefully:
"4. Reboot system back into OS X installer."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back