Contribute
Register

New Z77x-UP5TH Hack was working fine then just shut down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. iMac
  3. LC
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. Quadra
  7. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

This just started happening an hour or so ago.

Z77X-UP5TH 3770K not OC, Coolermaster V8, Seasonic 750W modular, 32GB Corsair Vengance,Sandisk SSD, Cooler Master HAF XB case - Mtn Lion 10.8.2
MacPro3,1, no DSDT, on-board video. Temps were running cool @ idle ( < 28°C ). had speedsteps of 16 17 18 19 20 39 per MSR dumper

I have had the machine up and running for a couple of weeks ( but not any long burn-in sessions yet ) The machine may have a few hours on it ( 4 or 5 max )

Everything was working fine.... and then it just shut off. Thought it was strange... maybe I had knocked a cable... not.

I go it to boot up a couple of more times then nothing... I took out the PRAM battery, then I could post and get into the BIOS, reset the settings, it restarts then off again. Tried with only 1 stick of ram ( a couple of different ones.. ) same result.

I would like some opinions before I tear it apart... I am guessing that it may be the power supply ( infant mortality issue.. most electronics tend to die young if they are going to die...) I have a different, new PS here that I can test tomorrow.

Opinions anyone?

Thanks!

Rx4Mac

Hi All,

This just started happening an hour or so ago.

Z77X-UP5TH 3770K not OC, Coolermaster V8, Seasonic 750W modular, 32GB Corsair Vengance,Sandisk SSD, Cooler Master HAF XB case - Mtn Lion 10.8.2
MacPro3,1, no DSDT, on-board video. Temps were running cool @ idle ( < 28°C ). had speedsteps of 16 17 18 19 20 39 per MSR dumper

I have had the machine up and running for a couple of weeks ( but not any long burn-in sessions yet ) The machine may have a few hours on it ( 4 or 5 max )

Everything was working fine.... and then it just shut off. Thought it was strange... maybe I had knocked a cable... not.

I go it to boot up a couple of more times then nothing... I took out the PRAM battery, then I could post and get into the BIOS, reset the settings, it restarts then off again. Tried with only 1 stick of ram ( a couple of different ones.. ) same result.

I would like some opinions before I tear it apart... I am guessing that it may be the power supply ( infant mortality issue.. most electronics tend to die young if they are going to die...) I have a different, new PS here that I can test tomorrow.

Opinions anyone?

Thanks!

Rx4Mac

If it isn't overheating, then my guess would be the power supply as well. It's a good thing you have another one to test with. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back