Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite DDR4
CPU
i5-13600KF
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Hi,

I've been using an Z370 + i7 8700K for couple of years with Clover, everything worked fine including FCPX 10.5.1

I just updated to an Z490 + i7 10700K and moved to Opencore, many thanks to @CaseySJ for his Golden Build guide

It works flawlessly, boots very fast, a wonderful machine...but for no apparent reason I have a problem with FCPX. I installed it (moved the file in the APP folder and launched it), it works flawlessly, very responsive, very fast. The problem is that as I close the app and try to reopen it, or if I reboot the machine, it won't open anymore. The app icon does a single jump in the dock and then nothing! I tried to downgrade to 10.5.0, no luck, with 10.5.1 the same. I deleted every related file with Appcleaner, I reinstalled it many times, it works once after I delete and reinstall (or twice sometimes) but if I reboot it's broken again. Also tried to create a new library, no luck in any way!

If I open the app content and go to Contents/Mac OS and launch the executable from there this is what I get, any ideas?

/Applications/Final\ Cut\ Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final\ Cut\ Pro ; exit;
brixx@Matteos-iMac ~ % /Applications/Final\ Cut\ Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final\ Cut\ Pro ; exit;
/Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final Cut Pro: line 3: /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/.Final Cut Pro X: No such file or directory
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Process completed]

@brixx

What is your Platform ID setting? If you run Hackintool, the front page will show this information. Let's start with that...

@brixx

What is your Platform ID setting? If you run Hackintool, the front page will show this information. Let's start with that...
Platform ID 0x9BC80003

Platform ID 0x9BC80003
Please check if Internal Graphics is set to "Auto" or "Enabled" in BIOS Setup. It should be set to "Enabled".

We can also try changing Platform ID to 0x3E980003, which has to be specified in reverse byte order inside config.plist: 0300983E.

Please check if Internal Graphics is set to "Auto" or "Enabled" in BIOS Setup. It should be set to "Enabled".

We can also try changing Platform ID to 0x3E980003, which has to be specified in reverse byte order inside config.plist: 0300983E.
Thanks

Yes internal graphics is ENABLED and I have full acceleration detected by VideoProc.

Tried ID to 0x3E980003

No luck!

The strange thing is that it works perfectly when I just copy the file in the APP folder. The first time I open it works, reads my libraries, exports really fast... So I don't think it's graphic related. So strange behaviour

An update:

If I open the app file content and go to Contents/Mac OS and launch the executable:

JUST INSTALLED AND WORKING:
Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 12.15.07.jpg

AFTER A REBBOT WHEN IT STOPS OPENING:

/Applications/Final\ Cut\ Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final\ Cut\ Pro ; exit;
brixx@Matteos-iMac ~ % /Applications/Final\ Cut\ Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final\ Cut\ Pro ; exit;
/Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final Cut Pro: line 3: /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/.Final Cut Pro X: No such file or directory
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Process completed]

The difference is in this "line 3: ... No such file or directory"

So reading the error report it looks like when launching it was looking for an hidden ".Final Cut Pro X" file. The file I have there was named just .Final Cut Pro without the X. Adding the X to the hidden file makes it work again, also launching it normally from the dock!

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 14.51.23.jpg

When I reinstall it I do have an X version, together with the non X... bigger in size..but then it looks like it gets deleted at some point... but renaming the "normal" to X makes it work again. So why is the non X version smaller, why is it there and what is the difference... still a mystery to me

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 14.55.20.jpg

I got exacly the same problem. Did u find any fix?

Renaming will work Also after reboot?

Last edited:
I got exacly the same problem. Did u find any fix?

Renaming will work Also after reboot?
Turns out it was not a computer problem...! The same happens on my official macbook laptop.

Only workaround is to copy the ...contents/macos folder with 3 files inside (two hidden) on your desktop, or folder of your choice, and everytime it doesn't open replace the folder inside FCPX package...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back