1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Guys:headbang:

I have a HP Pavilion dv7 6c70ca laptop:beachball:

which it has i7-2670QM (sandy bridge)
mother board (id: DMI, bus type: intel QPI)
chipset (unknown)
bios (insyde)
VGAs Intel HD Graphics 3000
and AMD Radeon HD 6700M
network Realtek RTL8168 and Intel Centrino Wireless N1030 (I haven't tried to remove wifi card during run installer, but i will now)
OCZ Agility3

:banghead:Unfortunately I couldn't install any of the mac osx, I've been tried a bunch of them close to 30 image what I transmac it on usb or DL DVD and some of them didn't boot up, the rest of them did freeze at Preparing PCI devices.

If anybody has some clue what to do with it please share with me, I'll be appreciate it.
I used iboot-legacy and rboot-laptop edition
also before boot typed : -v arch=i386
also in bios menu, what I can chose did switch with each installer every single option at separate times.:banghead:

:crazy:Thanks again, and so sorry for my dawn english:oops:

Hello Guys:headbang:

I have a HP Pavilion dv7 6c70ca laptop:beachball:

which it has i7-2670QM (sandy bridge)
mother board (id: DMI, bus type: intel QPI)
chipset (unknown)
bios (insyde)
VGAs Intel HD Graphics 3000
and AMD Radeon HD 6700M
network Realtek RTL8168 and Intel Centrino Wireless N1030 (I haven't tried to remove wifi card during run installer, but i will now)
OCZ Agility3

:banghead:Unfortunately I couldn't install any of the mac osx, I've been tried a bunch of them close to 30 image what I transmac it on usb or DL DVD and some of them didn't boot up, the rest of them did freeze at Preparing PCI devices.

If anybody has some clue what to do with it please share with me, I'll be appreciate it.
I used iboot-legacy and rboot-laptop edition
also before boot typed : -v arch=i386
also in bios menu, what I can chose did switch with each installer every single option at separate times.:banghead:

:crazy:Thanks again, and so sorry for my dawn english:oops:

You might consider Mavericks instead...

You might consider Mavericks instead...

I do, but I dont have any Mac.

I can't down load it either, because it recommend 10.6 or later

:crazy:Otherwise ? Anyone? :crazy::crazy:

I do, but I dont have any Mac.

I can't down load it either, because it recommend 10.6 or later

:crazy:Otherwise ? Anyone? :crazy::crazy:

Well you could try to install SL (so you can download Mavericks), but you'll need to use iBoot Ivy.

Well you could try to install SL (so you can download Mavericks), but you'll need to use iBoot Ivy.

I still waiting for the original SL dvd.
It wasn't easy to purchase it. "by apple support"

I still waiting for the original SL dvd.
It wasn't easy to purchase it. "by apple support"

That was probably interesting... Last I checked you can purchase it from the Apple Store online with probably less questions asked.

That was probably interesting... Last I checked you can purchase it from the Apple Store online with probably less questions asked.

Absolutely as you said

I did read some about the Intel Centrino Wireless N 1030 in my laptop, and I found out it won't work.
I have a same brand laptop what has a Broadcom 43224AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter do you think it will work on SL?

Also,Will I see the Extra directory on it? Because on this 10.6.? I haven't found it, "go/computer/Macintosh HD/...... suppose to be here an Extra dir"

Also about kext how should I decide which is the right e.c.t. for my sound? or vga? Do I have to test them one by one?

Thank you for you taking your time.

I did read some about the Intel Centrino Wireless N 1030 in my laptop, and I found out it won't work.
I have a same brand laptop what has a Broadcom 43224AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter do you think it will work on SL?

See here for a list of compatible cards: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Also,Will I see the Extra directory on it? Because on this 10.6.? I haven't found it, "go/computer/Macintosh HD/...... suppose to be here an Extra dir"

You don't have an /Extra directory until you create one or use a program which creates one (eg. Multibeast). For Multibeast, this is a good way to start on a laptop: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Also about kext how should I decide which is the right e.c.t. for my sound? or vga? Do I have to test them one by one?

It is one by one, determining what is in your machine, configuration with existing drivers, or finding drivers appropriate to the hardware. For example, HD3000 works with the drivers included, but usually DSDT patches are necessary to configure it correctly (depends primarily on screen resolution of the built-in laptop display).

Audio depends on what codec you have. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide', then follow the instructions for getting an audio codec dump from Linux.

I received the SL 10.6.3 disk
I did follow the instructions, till multibeast everything was fine, but after when I did restart, accidentally booted up from the HDD instead of the boot disk, and its crashed, after it wasn't booting with either them.

I did used iBoot Legacy + MultiBeast-SL 3.10.1
Other iBoot doesn't boot up either I type -x, or -v arch=i386
only iBoot ivy bridge load up to Language screen BUT, either the keyboard touchpad or external mouse and keyboard can't operate any

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back