Graphics
MSI G4 970 GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all im building a windows gaming machine. so why post here.

well I'm studying software engineering and i use mac as my main work horse. however i would love to be able to do work on this machine also and in OS X and apps i know + magic track pad and keyboard.

heres my build its been ordered but wanted to here if i should consider changing anything.

Motherboard: H61M-ITX
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H61M-ITX/

CPU: intel i3 3225
http://ark.intel.com/products/65692/Intel-Core-i3-3225-Processor-3M-Cache-3_30-GHz

GPU: MSI 6870 2GB GDDR5
MSI R6870-2PM2D2GD5/OC

RAM: 4GB Kingston 1333 DDR3
KVR1333D3N9/4G

PSU:
Energon EPS-550W

CASE:
Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced

BLUETOOTH:
TRENDnet TBW-107UB

MONITOR:
Acer V223HQVb LCD-skærm 21.5 1920x1080

now this build cost me
4565 DDK

613 EURO
793 USD

from what i understand build should be fine.

but comments would be greatly appreciated and possibly other components are also welcome. ohh and btw i have a 2.5" 750gb hdd from my Macbook Pro since i changed to ssd in that machine

Kind regards Kasper

Looks good to me. Just remember to install with HD4000, then install gfx card after you get up and running. Use forum search for problems with installing using 68xx gfx cards - you have to delete a file in S/L/E then put it back.

BTW, if you still have OS X on the HDD you took out of the Mac, you might be able to save yourself some trouble - download rBoot and burn to CD, boot with it and see if you can boot the Mac OS X install. If you can, just use MultiBeast to install UserDSDT/NonDSDT, audio and lan kexts.

Also, recommend getting a separate drive for Win7.

Thanks for the reply nah the HDD been used as a backup device. just wanted to save there and get the 6870 instead of 6850.

the keyboard and trackpad should work with the bluetooth usb i gotten? and is it possible to use under windows also?

hmm other drive for windows / os x any special reason?

Thanks for the reply nah the HDD been used as a backup device. just wanted to save there and get the 6870 instead of 6850.

the keyboard and trackpad should work with the bluetooth usb i gotten? and is it possible to use under windows also?

hmm other drive for windows / os x any special reason?

While it is possible to dual boot on same HDD, I recommend separate drives because of differences in file format. Also problems in re-install if you get badly corrupted partitions and have to wipe the drive, then you have to install both OSs + all 3rd party apps all over again. PITA. Better to give each OS its own drive and its own backup partition on another drive. I also recommend using a small (128Gb or less) SSD for boot drive and apps and move all users to a separate platter drive. That way, if you have to re-install, you don't need to recover all your files from backup afterwards - they were never touched. And yes, it is possible to do this in Win7 also.

i see i will get a extra drive however my budget been used up for this time so will probally add it next month unless this end up working like a charm. backup and installing time wise is no problem all things of importence is in the cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back