Contribute
Register

New Unified Realtek Onboard Audio Solution: ALC8xxHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
SJ_UnderWater said:
i did it at the same time as the rebuild (i.e. running the new Multibeast with the new DSDT).
SJ_UnderWater,

I'm in the same boat. I'm in the middle of trying to get a new Hackintosh to work. It's a GA-H55M-S2V, 8GbRAM, Nvidia 9800GS, Core i7. I am using the F3 DSDT downloaded today. I have everything working BUT audio.

I installed Reatail SnowLeopard 10.6.3, upgraded to 10.6.5 and for audio initially did the ACL8xxHDA+HDArollback. Nothing. I see the ALC887 in the system profiler, but nothing shows up in the system preferences. Like you I can't get anything to work.

You spoke of a legacy solution. Can you be more specific. I'd much rather get the full functionality of the newer driver, but will take any sound at this point.

As I tried rerunning this, I also rebuilt caches and updated privileges. Still nothing.

tofuconfetti said:
SJ_UnderWater said:
i did it at the same time as the rebuild (i.e. running the new Multibeast with the new DSDT).
SJ_UnderWater,

I'm in the same boat. I'm in the middle of trying to get a new Hackintosh to work. It's a GA-H55M-S2V, 8GbRAM, Nvidia 9800GS, Core i7. I am using the F3 DSDT downloaded today. I have everything working BUT audio.

I installed Reatail SnowLeopard 10.6.3, upgraded to 10.6.5 and for audio initially did the ACL8xxHDA+HDArollback. Nothing. I see the ALC887 in the system profiler, but nothing shows up in the system preferences. Like you I can't get anything to work.

You spoke of a legacy solution. Can you be more specific. I'd much rather get the full functionality of the newer driver, but will take any sound at this point.

As I tried rerunning this, I also rebuilt caches and updated privileges. Still nothing.

Remove ACL8xxHDA+HDArollback

Try Voodoo, worked for me

those two drivers can't coexist together

gamingaccess

I'm using the solution from this post, it includes its own HDAEnabler and ALC888b kexts.

gamingaccess said:
Remove ACL8xxHDA+HDArollback

Try Voodoo, worked for me

those two drivers can't coexist together
Which version? There are several.

Thanks for the reply, btw.

On GA-X58A-UD7 is working perfectly, until the system goes to sleep.
After the sleep, the audio is still there but garbled, almost unrecognizable.

Anybody has the same problem?
I would appreciate any idea how to solve it.

mlk

BTW: Some earlier versions of VoodooHDA had a problem with the same end effect. The solution was to automatically reload the kext during "wake-up".

Doesn't work for me either... GA-G41MT-D3 ALC888b no luck enabling audio... still getting help from sudds with my dsdt... Thanks and more power.

In 5 more hours I will test Mac OS 10.6.6 with Intel Sandy Bridge 2600k overclocked! :)

I hope it works

So from reading all of these posts looks like this doesn't work for my board :( Looks like its back to the VoodooHDA.

Anthonyx82x said:
So from reading all of these posts looks like this doesn't work for my board :( Looks like its back to the VoodooHDA.
Your board has the ALC888 and is fully supported by ALC8xxHDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back