Contribute
Register

New Unified Realtek Onboard Audio Solution: ALC8xxHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't get the ALC892HDA to work at all

I used the DSDT generated by the Auto Patcher, as well as the ALC892 kext from the beast, OS X profiler shows that 892 is supposely in use (by the way, there are two entries), however the sound meter says no output or input devices detected. What have I done wrong?

Can't get this to work for me on my MSI Z68A-GD80 (ALC892).

I selected:
-- ALC8xxHDA
-- AppleHDA Rollback
-- Non-DSDT HDAEnabler>ALC892
-- System Utilities

A DSDT isn't available for my motherboard, nor do I know how to manually make one.

Upon reboot and -f -v, the computer will reboot once the kextcache reaches AppleHDA.kext and the files within it. I have to boot into the Lion installer, delete AppleHDA.kext, and then boot up my actual Lion install.

Does this method not work for Lion, or am I doing something wrong?

Anyone had any luck with the dreaded alc890 chip?

I get nothing on my asrock x58 extreme. The Voodoohda driver seems to get some output working, but not very well. Tried easybeast, custom DSDT, and every kext combo you could think of.

Cheers,
does anyone have spdif encoded out in any of the alc codecs?

all ports seem to be working for me but if i change to encoded out in vlc or any other software i get no audio.
tried the audio midi setup witch does nothing for me as well, unless i am doing something wrong,each time i change to encoded output in audio midi my sound settings jump out of digital out automaticaly in the system to line out and still nothing in vlc.
i have alc889a in a gigabyte p35c-ds3r, lion 10.7.1, and was using 10.7 previously.

Using appleHDA from lion unmodified and the dsdt from my board with alcxxHDA.
Also tried out with the rollback of the appleHDA and the same.
Curiously the rollback used to give me sound on working on 10.7 but on 10.7.1 i cand do the rollback or else i lose sound, but in both cases no spdif encoded out on my coaxial.

Any input about your experiences would be welcome.
Thanks in advance for the help.

[UPDATE]
XBMC and Plex can force the passthrough with optical/coaxial settings and they work after all, still dont find how to force VLC or mplayer extended to force the same.
If some one knows this, please share.

after darwin starts, it resets my mac, tryed that with and without dsdt

Oh yeah!!!

ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + ALC892 + System Utilities and I have a fully working built-in sound!!!

About to install also my M-Audio ProFire 2626, I've already tried it and it works flawlessly.

Now, I need to sort out shutdown problem (reboots instead of shutdown) and 2nd monitor with VGA and I'M GOOD!

Something is not right with my install. I have tried everything in this thread and more and still cannot get audio working.

My setup is a GB Z68A-D3-B3 with ALC889 on the board. I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I assume it is the new unified audio as it only has 3 plugs in the audio section. I have tried ALC8xxHDA + HDARollback + ALC889 + System Utilities and still nothing. I get Intel High Definition Audio & Audio ID 889 in profiler along with Line Out, Headphones, SPDIF Out, SpDIF out in the Sound Panel. Nothing I do changes any of this. I do have audio of sorts but it sounds like a Dalek from Dr Who on one channel only.

If I look at the Extensions section of Profiler I cannot see AppleHDA loaded at all, is it supposed to be? And even though I do not have VooDooHDA anywhere on my system I see this is dmesg:

VoodooHDAEngine[0x6d6d800]::volumeChanged(0x6d6d400, 75, 100)
VoodooHDAEngine[0x6d6d800]::volumeChanged(0x6d6d300, 75, 100)

Weird as this is a fresh install only, I have no idea where this is coming from.

Desperately seeking help from anyone that may have an idea. I am just about ready to go back to my old board/CPU as I had perfect 5.1 surround on that, I need sound for my day to day work :(

Cheers
Bruce

Works great on GA-H67M-D2-B3 REV 1.0 (alc888b) Bios F4, but with this kext the "mute key" of my Apple Keyboard does not work... the Mute Selection Box is "grayed out" on System Prefernces Audio Panel...

dmazar said:
ALC8xxHDA currently does not work on P8P67-M, P8H67-V and similar boards with ALC 887-VD. gives lot of sound assertions during boot and it ends up with no inputs / outputs in sound panel.

just wanted to report that assertions are caused by amp sections on audio mixers in pathmap for 887. when moved to audio out nodes, it works as expected.
Hi, know this is an older post but was wondering if an ALC8xxHDA exist that supports the ALC887-VD?

Hi, i hope posting in right place. trying to get alc889 working drives me crazy, but finally i get sound from it removing hda's kext and using latest multibeast. Now i get a "error... pausing for 5 sec" on boot and in kernel log i find this error:
Sound assertion ""ERROR: EFI ROM did not publish 'hda-gfx' associative property!\n"" failed in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 350 goto ExitError

10.7.2, i7 2600k ga-z68xp-ud4 f6 zotac gtx 560 ti 2048Mb

Attachments

• dsdt-ioreg-kernellog.zip
    399.2 KB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back