Contribute
Register

New Unified Realtek Onboard Audio Solution: ALC8xxHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works for me. I have full 5.1 surround sound!!! :eek: :headbang:
Still can't get my HDMI audio to work though.

Hi there!

I want to use my system for music production but now I only have an onboard soundcard (ALC889A on a Gigabyte EP45-UD3 rev 1.0 and 10.6.7) My question is that the sound quality is the same as in Windows? I don't know why but I think I hear difference between the two system. The sound in windows sounds more richer. I tried to test it by recording the output on the line in and I had almost the same frequency spectrum. But the level meter bar moved faster (more dynamic) with the windows test file. Does anybody have experience with this?

Thanks in advance! :)

ALC8xxHDA currently does not work on P8P67-M, P8H67-V and similar boards with ALC 887-VD. gives lot of sound assertions during boot and it ends up with no inputs / outputs in sound panel.

just wanted to report that assertions are caused by amp sections on audio mixers in pathmap for 887. when moved to audio out nodes, it works as expected.

So... with 10.6.8 update ALC889a stopped working (see 10.6.8 thread).
I'm guessing: whether Apple abandoned 889a audio codec support or maybe Macman's audio injector stopped working?
It would be nice if Macman clarified us, do we need to just wait an update of his injector or its time to start replacing AppleHDA for every update like with other codecs.

I Have tried a bunch of the tutorials but have had no audio luck thus far.

I have tried a selecting ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback at the same time, or one at a time. always deleting the previous from extra>extensions before i try a different combo.

Everything is working except the sound. I am at a total loss here, and would do a new install but wouldn't even know where to start with Fixing the audio.

Would really appreciate any help.

Here is my setup with the "DSDT-GA-x58A-UD3R-2.0-FF" Installed.

-GA-X58A-UD3R 2.0 Bios FF
-i730
-12gb DDR3 G.Skill Ram (4gb)
-Saphire Radeon 5770
-OSX 10.6.7

I had the same problem after updating to 10.6.8 of no audio with my Gigabyte GA-P55A-USB3, F9 motherboard (Rev.2). I deleted all of the audio extensions in both the System/Library/Extensions folder and the Extra/Extensions folder.

I added the new DSDT file for my motherboard into the Extra folder and then ran Multibeast 3.7.3 and added the Unified ALC8xxx driver and the Apple HDA rollback as well as the System Utilities.

That has gotten me sound, at least, though System Profiler sees it as an Intel onboard audio processor and the Audio Midi utility sees the speakers as being Quadrophonic as opposed to 5.1.

I'm working on figuring out how to re-enable 5.1 audio, but at least I have sound for now.

Good luck.

The current version of ALC8xxHDA 1.0.1 DOES NOT work with the AppleHDA in 10.6.8 due to major changes in the kext.

Until I can get some time to work on this you can either continue to use the AppleHDA from 10.6.7 or roll back to AppleHDA 10.6.2 using MultiBeast.

i figured out how to get audio on 10.6.7 using the voodoo audio drivers in multibeast, but the volume is always at the maximum even if it is at one dot. the only times it's not at max is when there are zero dots, or when it's on mute. I cant figure out how to make it normal and it's driving me nuts.

Hi I have the sandybrigdge Mobo in my sig...I installed ALC8xxHDA via multibeat. I picked the ALC8xxHDA.kext and the rollback. I have sounds working without a problem, but I always get the following error on the boot process:

Sound assertion ""ERROR: EFI ROM did not publish 'hda-gfx' associative property!\n"" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDACodecGeneric.cpp" at line 331 goto ExitError

anyone know if this is just something normal or something that I can fix. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back