Graphics
GTX 650 Ti 1GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Was looking at mac pros last weekend and they are extremely expensive so I discovered that I can build a pc and install osx
on it. I will mostly be using this for light gaming and some video editing and photo editing.

I was thinking of getting these parts:

intel i5 k version to overclock
16gb ddr3 ram anykind?
2tb internal sata
what kinda motherboard?
Do i need sound card and wifi card?

Thanks for any input.

Thanks!

Cant wait!

btw whats best to install osx with dvd or usb drive? or is it the same basically

Thanks!

Cant wait!

btw whats best to install osx with dvd or usb drive? or is it the same basically

Install Snow Leopard with DVD because that is how it comes when you purchase it.

Install Lion / Mountain Lion with USB because they come as a download installation app and you need to create a USB installer to install them.

osx lion on usb drive

The Imac we have downstairs is too old to run unibeast or multibeast, its 10.3 or 10.4 i think.

any other way to do that? or with my gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H will be good and i wont need multibeast or unitbeast?

The Imac we have downstairs is too old to run unibeast or multibeast, its 10.3 or 10.4 i think.

any other way to do that? or with my gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H will be good and i wont need multibeast or unitbeast?

Can you update the iMac to 10.6.8? Or is it the old PowerPC chipset?

Im not sure its the white Imac older one might be, I have my old Lion Install disc should i try to install it on that? or jus wait for my friend to come visit on the 9th and i can use his mbp, same one i had that i sold. I just really hope that FCP studio.7 Works Smoothly.I ordered all parts from parts list.

Im not sure its the white Imac older one might be, I have my old Lion Install disc should i try to install it on that? or jus wait for my friend to come visit on the 9th and i can use his mbp, same one i had that i sold. I just really hope that FCP studio.7 Works Smoothly.I ordered all parts from parts list.

Old grey Lion install disc from a Mac will not work - it is actually a recovery disc for that particular Mac. You need the download app or the Lion USB installer. Or the Mountain Lion downloaded app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back