Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I just built my new rig, it's got a Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 7 board with a Realtec ALC1150 sound card. I got it working correctly, but I just booted up and now it's no longer working. Previously, if I put it to sleep when it woke up the audio would crackle and I'd have to reset to get it working. Now, it crackles right from boot. I have an external audio adapter as well (Line6 UX2) and that works fine if I switch to it. I'd really like to get this working, I've tried every combo in multibeast and I can't get it to work. It shows up just fine under my audio settings but when I play anything I just get crackling. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

So here's some updates. I've messed with the profiles, where I plug in the speakers, and what output to select. If I select HDA 2 instead of 1, move the speakers to a different plug, and select one of the line outs it works. Also, if I use the headphone jack in the front of the computer it always works. If I select Internal Speakers with the HDA 2 and use the proper jack, I get no audio, not even crackling but again headphone jack works. I've heard that I need HDA 7 to get it to work, and I tried installing that kext but that didn't work, I'm guessing because the other one is still there too (HDA 1 and 7 would be listed in my extentions). Is there any way to add 7 to multibeast and get it installed properly?

I had this happen to me as well. I ended up doing multibeast, load your normal settings, un-selecting ALC1150, run multibeast and restart after this. Go back into multibeast, load your normal settings, reselect ALC1150, run multibeast again and restart after this. Kind of a pain but is was the only thing I could do that fixed it.

I'm almost ready to go the USB audio route. This has happened to me several times and I have no idea why. My rear (black) jack always works. I'm running windows on this machine as well with 4 speakers and I have no desire to be switching cables going between windows and os x.

I had this happen to me as well. I ended up doing multibeast, load your normal settings, un-selecting ALC1150, run multibeast and restart after this. Go back into multibeast, load your normal settings, reselect ALC1150, run multibeast again and restart after this. Kind of a pain but is was the only thing I could do that fixed it.

I'm almost ready to go the USB audio route. This has happened to me several times and I have no idea why. My rear (black) jack always works. I'm running windows on this machine as well with 4 speakers and I have no desire to be switching cables going between windows and os x.

If that fixed it permanently, I'd be all over it, but if it still keeps happening I'm not gonna bother. I have a "fix" coming, I just bought a Y-adapter so I can plug them into both ports at once for booting in Windows, but it's more of a patch than a real solution. If no one else can help then it will have to suffice. I don't get why all the ports but the main speakers one works, even the headphone jack works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back