Intel Core i7 7700K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Good evening to all,

I have decided, after yet another frustrating Mac experience, to build a Hackintosh. I've been thinking and reading about it for some time now but I am still very confused as to what I need or not and what OS I can run or not.

I am looking to build a machine for heavy Capture One/Photoshop use and handling of big files.
My wish is to build a Mini-ATX and Ive followed the recommendations of this website but I would like to ask the seasoned experts what they think. Am I missing something? Is this overkill?
Here is my prospective setup:
- BitFenix No Power Supply Mini-ITX Tower Case BFC-PHE-300-KKXKK-RP
- ASRock Mini ITX DDR4 Motherboards FATAL1TY Z170 GAMING-ITX/AC
- Corsair CS Series, CS550M, 550 Watt (550W), Semi Modular Power Supply, 80+ Gold Certified- Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151 [BX80662I76700K]
- Corsair Hydro Series High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H60
- Ballistix Sport LT 64GB Kit (16GBx4) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200) DIMM 288-Pin BLS4K16G4D240FSC (White)
- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E500B/AM)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC GAMING ACX 3.0, 6GB GDDR5, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Card 06G-P4-6267-KR

Am I missing anything? I feel like there is nowhere to connect my daisychained monitor and RAID disks via mini display. And also wifi.

Thank you in advance for your insights.

Cheers,
Josh

Good evening to all,

I have decided, after yet another frustrating Mac experience, to build a Hackintosh. I've been thinking and reading about it for some time now but I am still very confused as to what I need or not and what OS I can run or not.

I am looking to build a machine for heavy Capture One/Photoshop use and handling of big files.
My wish is to build a Mini-ATX and Ive followed the recommendations of this website but I would like to ask the seasoned experts what they think. Am I missing something? Is this overkill?
Here is my prospective setup:
- BitFenix No Power Supply Mini-ITX Tower Case BFC-PHE-300-KKXKK-RP
- ASRock Mini ITX DDR4 Motherboards FATAL1TY Z170 GAMING-ITX/AC
- Corsair CS Series, CS550M, 550 Watt (550W), Semi Modular Power Supply, 80+ Gold Certified- Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151 [BX80662I76700K]
- Corsair Hydro Series High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H60
- Ballistix Sport LT 64GB Kit (16GBx4) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200) DIMM 288-Pin BLS4K16G4D240FSC (White)
- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E500B/AM)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC GAMING ACX 3.0, 6GB GDDR5, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Card 06G-P4-6267-KR

Am I missing anything? I feel like there is nowhere to connect my daisychained monitor and RAID disks via mini display. And also wifi.

Thank you in advance for your insights.

Cheers,
Josh

ITX motherboards only have 2 RAM slots, so the maximum RAM you can install is 32GB.

You want to connect hard drives via Mini DisplayPort? Do you mean Thunderbolt? It originally used the same connector as Mini DisplayPort, but isn't the same at all. At any rate, this motherboard doesn't have Thunderbolt capabilities.

This motherboard does come with wifi, but according to the specifications it is Intel wifi, which is not supported in macOS, so you would have to replace the wifi module (it's a removable half-size MiniPCIe card).

ITX motherboards only have 2 RAM slots, so the maximum RAM you can install is 32GB.

You want to connect hard drives via Mini DisplayPort? Do you mean Thunderbolt? It originally used the same connector as Mini DisplayPort, but isn't the same at all. At any rate, this motherboard doesn't have Thunderbolt capabilities.

This motherboard does come with wifi, but according to the specifications it is Intel wifi, which is not supported in macOS, so you would have to replace the wifi module (it's a removable half-size MiniPCIe card).

Thank you for your reply. I am glad I decided to ask. I would have bought all the wrong things.

I will do more research and try to figure out what I need.

Cheers,
Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back