Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all! This is my first post here.
I´ve been in the hackintosh scene for a couple of years... buet, since i got my Mac mini I lost contact.
Now I want to build a new hack with these specs:
Intel DP55WB Mobo.
Intel i5 2.80 GHz 760 Lga 1156
8Gigs RAM
500 Gig Sata drive
DVD Sata drive
GeForce 240 GT.

I´ve reading some posts and guides and I have left a couple of questions:
1. Can I Multiboot with Windows 7/Windows XP and Snow Leopard 10.6 on the same drive?
2. Do I need the 10.6.0 retail DVD or can I use the 10.6.2 that came with my Mac mini?
3. Does anybody know if Firewire works with this mobo (I cant find this question on the forums)?

Thanks!

JuanSebastianBach said:
Hi all! This is my first post here.
I´ve been in the hackintosh scene for a couple of years... buet, since i got my Mac mini I lost contact.
Now I want to build a new hack with these specs:
Intel DP55WB Mobo.
Intel i5 2.80 GHz 760 Lga 1156
8Gigs RAM
500 Gig Sata drive
DVD Sata drive
GeForce 240 GT.

I´ve reading some posts and guides and I have left a couple of questions:
1. Can I Multiboot with Windows 7/Windows XP and Snow Leopard 10.6 on the same drive?
2. Do I need the 10.6.0 retail DVD or can I use the 10.6.2 that came with my Mac mini?
3. Does anybody know if Firewire works with this mobo (I cant find this question on the forums)?

Thanks!
1. Yes, but you would be better off with separate HDs.
2. Yes, you need the Snow Leopard Upgrade disc. The disc that came with you mini will only install on a mini.
3. Should work.

Thanks MacMan!
I`ll consider the 2nd drive option and be getting the upgrade DVD.
Will be updating soon!

Well... I've got my Gigabyte H55M-USB3 with 8 Gigs Ram, two 500 GB drives, XFX Geforce GT 240.
All working excellent except that when I tried to burn a DVD, it seems the drive could not check it (pressed "omit" and nope... had to force quit DiskUtil)... thing is that now my hack hasn't got any optical drive on Sysprefs... what could have happened to the kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back