Contribute
Register

New to the community. Budget of $1200-$1600 CDN. Recommended build for a novice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, new forum member and cMP 5,1/27"ACD owner asking for advice. The system I have is getting a bit long in the tooth, so I am looking for a suitable system that won't break the bank, but more powerful than the x3690/5870 combo I have now. Occasional gaming, mostly work related Photoshop, and 2D animation, export video on occasion as well. There are so many options I find it a bit overwhelming, but worth the effort to me if successful. If anyone has a parts list they can direct me to, maybe with guide etc, I would appreciate a little advice so I can place my order for parts with confidence. Although I have assembled pcs in the distant past, I am very new to this. A decent monitor recommendation as well, I would welcome. Thank you.

Take a look at the CaseySJ Golden Build and duplicate that if it looks good to you. LED lighting is optional. You can use the 8 core 16 thread i9 CPU from Intel. The i7-9700K has just 8 cores / 8 threads.

This guide is written well enough that beginners shouldn't have much trouble if they follow directions verbatim.

Take a look at the CaseySJ Golden Build and duplicate that if it looks good to you. LED lighting is optional. You can use the 8 core 16 thread i9 CPU from Intel. The i7-9700K has just 8 cores / 8 threads.

This guide is written well enough that beginners shouldn't have much trouble if they follow directions verbatim.

Thank you for the link. Nice setup, unfortunately I couldn't get that within the budget where I shop. I did order the parts that I hope will work well for my build.

- i7 8700K
- Corsair h100i Pro
- Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
- Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400/PC4-19200
- Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ 8GB
- HP EX900 M.2 NVMe 500GB
- Corsair RM650x Gold
- Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal TG
- Broadcom BCM94360CD PCi-E wifi/bluetooth card

$100 over budget but it should get me started... unless I have missed something obvious hardware-wise, which is entirely possible given my lack of experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back