Contribute
Register

New to Hackintosh, please check my parts and questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am wanting to build a new hackintosh and am completely new to this. I have done a great deal of research and am ready to build one. First question is will the GTX 780 work? On the compatibility page, it says something about open CL. Other than that, the parts I want to use are:
CPU: Intel i7-4770k
GPU: (if it works) GeForce GTX 780
Motherboard: GA-Z87X-UD5H
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 1600 16gb
Storage: SATA 1TB 6Gb/s hardrive.
Wireless: TL-WDN4800

I am really worried about the GTX 780 working with the new mavericks system. With these parts, is settup going to be easy? Thanks for any help and advice in advance.

I am wanting to build a new hackintosh and am completely new to this. I have done a great deal of research and am ready to build one. First question is will the GTX 780 work? On the compatibility page, it says something about open CL. Other than that, the parts I want to use are:
CPU: Intel i7-4770k
GPU: (if it works) GeForce GTX 780
Motherboard: GA-Z87X-UD5H
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 1600 16gb
Storage: SATA 1TB 6Gb/s hardrive.
Wireless: TL-WDN4800

I am really worried about the GTX 780 working with the new mavericks system. With these parts, is settup going to be easy? Thanks for any help and advice in advance.

Assuming you will use OSX 10.9 Mavericks, GTX780 will work (as it is included in the Buyer's Guide) but applications that need OpenCL may not work properly. If you are worried then perhaps you should switch to a card that support OpenCL now such as a GTX770.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back