Contribute
Register

(NEW) (SUCCESS) Dingleberry's Content Creator Build | GA-X79S-UP5 X79/C606 | i7-3930k | 32gb | GTX67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I Googled for you. (It's really easy, you know.) Apple's OS X does not support SAS natively, you'll need to get a PCIe card that supports SAS drives. Now, wasn't that easy? :thumbup:

But, you knew that if it worked in Windoze and didn't work in Mavericks.

sorry but i still dont understand you (sorry my english) i dont have SAS HARD DISK to connect,
i have normal SATA DISK to connect,
i make a hackingtosh with pc parts, the motherboard in windows recognize when i connect NORMAL SATA DISK in the SAS CONNECTORS, because they are compatibles.

but the problem is when i boot from OSx, the normal hard disk didnt appeare in finder,

you said that i need a pci-card but i dont want to use a pci card to conect REGULAR NORMAL SATA DISK.

if maybe i had SAS HARD DISK yes, but i dont have SAS DISK, i have the normal SATA HARD DISK.

I explain well?

Well, I Googled for you. (It's really easy, you know.) Apple's OS X no longer supports SAS natively, you'll need to get a PCIe card that supports SAS drives. Now, wasn't that easy? :thumbup:

Connecting your SATA disks to the motherboard's SAS connectors will not work in Mavericks.

Hi Guys, is there a kext for SAS controller working?
My HDs linked at sas controller still don't works, Mavericks doesn't recognize them while in windows seven, naturally, all works very good

Please help me ;)

P.s. Reading the previous comments I realize that there is no way but I'm asking the same thing 'cause i'm thinking that the comments are 3 months old and hope that currently a solution exists

Thanks

I've updated to Yosemite and I cant get the computer to recognize the 6 cores and 12 threads. I've tried the old VoodooTSCSync.kext, but that doesn't seem to work.

Also the one built into MultiBeast doesn't seem to work for me either. Anyone have luck with this?

It seems to recognize mine fine.

The Yosemite upgrade has been pretty glitch for me.

What Multicast settings are you using. I can see if they are different than mine.

Here is a shot of mine:

image.tiff

Hope that helps

JG

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason everything works only if I add the flag

UseKernelCache=No

I am not sure why. I have added it to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and it works everytime.

I think not using the Kernel Cache makes boot up take a little longer, but otherwise it is fine and stable.

Also, I have been unable to get iMessage to work, but a lot of people seem to be having that issue.

I will be trying the various strategies to get it to work.

Cheers!

JG

Has anyone been able to get Sierra working on x79s-up5-wifi?
I am considering updating but dont want to lose my functionality

Hi
can you tell me if you are able to download from the app store.
Thanks sean

Thanks man! :D
Hi Nodnarb, did you update your machine, are you thinking to step up to sierra? Has someone with x79s up5 mobo did it??
For me, it's being a hard job even find the correct boot flags.
thanks

There is an App Store fix video in this thread somewhere. Mine worked after using that.

I have tried to get Sierra to work unsuccessfully. I am willing to work with someone if anyone is up for it.

jg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back